Twenty Years Ago

belfastguzzi

No I haven't posted here for years and years, but am looking at pics from 20 years ago (19 1/2yrs more accurate) of collecting Scura #497 in England.
Now there are five Guzzis sitting about the place, collected up over the 20 yrs. You know how it is.

52766749669_d2448c52e7_c.jpg

52766984928_2896491242_c.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Drat, I'm slipping up: should have called this post:
'What Time Is It? It's 20 years past 2003.'

If you were there, you were there :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, belfastguzzi said:

No I haven't posted here for years and years, but am looking at pics from 20 years ago (19 1/2yrs more accurate) of collecting Scura #497 in England.
Now there are five Guzzis sitting about the place, collected up over the 20 yrs. You know how it is.

52766749669_d2448c52e7_c.jpg

52766984928_2896491242_c.jpg

Hi Dave! Good to see you are still around! I have a picture somewhere of you trying to fix a leak on that Scura. If I remember correctly that was in Troon, where you took the ferry back to Belfast.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Admin Jaap said:

Hi Dave! Good to see you are still around! I have a picture somewhere of you trying to fix a leak on that Scura. If I remember correctly that was in Troon, where you took the ferry back to Belfast.

Yeah, that trip did for the bike. It blew over with full luggage weight and the shock cracked the timing chest. Much woe over the weakness, thinness of that point where the top bracket attaches. It took a long time to find a second-hand timing cover and, erm, please don't ask me if I've ever fitted it yet. :blink: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Admin Jaap said:

Believe it or not, but this is how it looks now... Only the frame, gearbox and drive-shaft are still original

330809450_755674099194936_8423863155833266335_n.jpg

I'm sure you've added stripes and red bits since I last saw pics of that. Yum.

Just now, belfastguzzi said:

I'm sure you've added stripes and red bits since I last saw pics of that. Yum.

Not my bike anymore! And to be honest, I'm not really fond of all the italian flag waving...
(wadda a mistake-a to make-a)

29 minutes ago, Admin Jaap said:

Not my bike anymore! And to be honest, I'm not really fond of all the italian flag waving...
(wadda a mistake-a to make-a)

LOL, I was a little surprised seeing it: just slightly on the garish (and tempted to say youthful) side of the balance for Jaap – though you, quite rightly,  weren't averse to an Italian striped helmet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, belfastguzzi said:

LOL, I was a little surprised seeing it: just slightly on the garish (and tempted to say youthful) side of the balance for Jaap – though you, quite rightly,  weren't averse to an Italian striped helmet.

As the Germans say: "In der Beschränkung zeigt sich der Meister". For our english readers: "Less is more"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Admin Jaap said:

As the Germans say: "In der Beschränkung zeigt sich der Meister". For our english readers: "Less is more"

Geez, if "less is more", why is the German phrase so insanely long?!? :blink:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1