Twenty Years Ago

belfastguzzi

This was on a Road Atlanta trip Spring of 05-ish. I had just sold my 01 V11 Sport to KaleV11, and was riding the blue 04 EV. Those were good times, one marriage and 3 kids ago. (In a happy blended family w 5 kids now). Anyways we didn’t get rained on the whole trip, had a blast riding North Georgia thru Dahlonega. 

4A5B1880-AA74-49F1-B848-ABF787F15D5A.jpeg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Baldini said:

It appears you subscribe to the "this one broke, I'll fix it one day when I have a bit more time, meanwhile I better get a working one to keep me on the road" school of motorcycle ownership - a man after my own heart.

AGNmyxbBOpSeNBFrOIJpsDSHcp_JyeD2RNUeHFio
ReplyForward

A practical philosophy FORCED ON ME  by the hard school of Piaggio Guzzi.
Besides, there are only 24 hours in a day and 365 days in any year (more often than not): how is a fellow supposed to cope with such intolerable constraints? On that matter, I think we should consult The French.

• Haha 1

This was way back when the crusty gas station would make you a sandwich way before commercialization had set in to Deals Gap, circa spring 1996-ish. Some old 80’s Kawasaki 1000, a Hawk GT I must of rode 7 times thru the Gap that day. My dad was riding a 96 Harley Sportster 1200.

60CDBDCD-20F5-49A4-8FCD-9ED1DE801373.jpeg

5AF062BC-27D4-4743-9783-38B95653734A.jpeg

• Like 5

On 3/25/2023 at 8:27 AM, Admin Jaap said:

Wheels are forged OZ. Ghezzi-Brian had a batch made and I got a good deal on them. Much lighter than OEM and together with Öhlins goodies it improved handling very much! 

Excellent feedback - my Scura R came Ohlins equipped

I credit forum advice here from Pete years ago to concentrate on suspension (before engine fiddling) to prompting a session with Perry (https://leaskracing.co.uk/perryleask/) when he was at HM Racing.

Best ROI imo having suspension improved by a top notch professional - lightening the rotational mass would be next level tier

But then I ask myself - am I just getting sucked in too deep by the air cooled porker?

Sitting…

• Like 4