Battery not charging, how do I test to knows is alternator or the regulator?

arveno

42 minutes ago, Pressureangle said:

I wish I had a nickel for every time I forgot a sidestand. I was conflicted about removing the auto-retract feature from my 'Sport, but it's been on the ground 4 times due to the auto-retract, and zero times from hitting the stand while moving. So off it went. Starting in gear, not so common but pretty familiar also. :/

My Daytona also has the auto-retract side stand. It is seriously annoying. But if I eliminate it I need to add a bracket to the side stand so I can manually retract it. The auto-retract side stand lacks a bracket like the V11 Sport side stand has. I have thought about bending up a bracket like the V11 Sport bracket and welding it onto the stock Daytona stand. What did you do?

1 hour ago, Pressureangle said:

I wish I had a nickel for every time I forgot a sidestand. I was conflicted about removing the auto-retract feature from my 'Sport, but it's been on the ground 4 times due to the auto-retract, and zero times from hitting the stand while moving. So off it went. Starting in gear, not so common but pretty familiar also. :/

That "auto-retract" feature reads as a recipe for disasters.

I do not know you, but I do not need anybody to think for me. Keeping my mind on the task at hand is good. You start losing your skills when you don't make use of them. Remember those pilots who were unable to fly their plane after the auto-pilot exited when air speed became unavailable?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, GuzziMoto said:

My Daytona also has the auto-retract side stand. It is seriously annoying. But if I eliminate it I need to add a bracket to the side stand so I can manually retract it. The auto-retract side stand lacks a bracket like the V11 Sport side stand has. I have thought about bending up a bracket like the V11 Sport bracket and welding it onto the stock Daytona stand. What did you do?

The Sport has a small peg sticking up from the foot, about 2" long. It's a stretch to get at. 

One of my best friends had a number of bikes that had the auto-retracting side stand. He loved it. But once down in Daytona he had parked his motorcycle in a lot where they had told him to park, then we went off to the races. They decided they needed to move the motorcycles. So they picked his bike up off the side stand to roll it somewhere else. The side stand retracted and the alarm went off. They promptly let go of it expecting it to fall back onto the stand. So it fell over. That was a Ducati, but it had the same issue.

I don't do alarms anymore (easier to own bikes no one wants to steal), and I hate those auto-retracting side stands.

1 hour ago, Pressureangle said:

The Sport has a small peg sticking up from the foot, about 2" long. It's a stretch to get at. 

That is enough to both put the stand down and flip it up? The Daytona stand has basically nothing as I recall, but I am not looking at it now.

1 hour ago, GuzziMoto said:

That is enough to both put the stand down and flip it up? The Daytona stand has basically nothing as I recall, but I am not looking at it now.

It is with a 33" inseam and good ankle flexion. Just. One day I'm going to make a proper stand that fastens elsewhere.

On 3/28/2023 at 7:39 AM, Pressureangle said:

If it is going to make you feel better, the first time I hand maneuvered my Le Mans from the little ramp on my garage, I left the side stand extended as I thought it would be a safety stop. I planned it as if I lost my balance, I will push the bike and it will safe land on its stand. 

I did not have enough strength to flip the bike, so it felled on me. I was lucky that none of my limbs got pinned under anything protruding. So much for taking precautions. Now I don't try to push it by myself.

• Like 2