Joan Mir injured himself in the Sprint race, yesterday in Argentina; he is skipping today's GP. Back luck for Honda then. They are out of their two factory riders.

On another topic, I decided that the two days of MotoGP is a format I don't like. There is no way I am going to watch two races back to back on a Saturday and Sunday. Even if it is easier in the USA, because you can usually watch early in the morning.

• Like 1

It was great racing, recording a great option :rasta:

Cheers Tom.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Tomchri said:

It was great racing, recording a great option :rasta:

Cheers Tom.

The Sprint race was ok; the GP race was a bit of a bore. Bez went away without too much of a trouble. We had to wait all the way until the end to get a little bit of suspense with Zarco's usual late recovery, but not enough to get to the front.

Bagnaia slipped again on this one. So much for not making the old fashioned mistakes of last year.

I was waiting for the Aprila boys to be protagonist, and.... nada!

So, when Marquez is away, Ducati has a field day... Alex Marquez has just proven that it is all about the bike.

At least Morbidelli had a chance to redeem himself and shove Quartararo's critics in his throat. Never criticize your mate it can bit you back.

• Like 1

Wet racing usually more fun, and the tires are just unbeliveable. Enjoyed Morbidelli for sure. And yes the Ducs, another leaque.

Cheers Tom.

I enjoyed this past weekends race. It was great to see a guy get his first win, and it was great to see Morbidelli do well. Morbidelli has struggled of late, so it was great to see him prove to everyone that he hasn't forgot how to do this.

• Like 2

These last few years, I've grown to really admire the grit of Brad Binder #33. After his terrific Sprint, I was rather deflated with his race, not all his fault, but chips lay where they fall.

Yeah, a bummer about Binder in the feature race. It seemed like Binder was a candidate for a great race, given the wet conditions. A few people had bad races.

• Like 1

To get back to the initial topic subject, it looks like Marc Marquez will win his appeal of the double long lap penalty carried forward to COTA.

Independently of what I think of Marc Marquez, I agree with the decision (not yet confirmed though). The current MotoGP stewards panel has already proven their "competency" being opaque in their decision making; they certainly shot themselves in the foot by attempting to modify a penalty after it was officially issued.

A lot of MM93 detractors will be upset, and this is understandable, but it would be unfair for that kind of decision to be adjusted  after the fact; simply the stewards were amateurish.

Nevertheless, I think it will be good to see what Ducati can do against him when racing in one of his stronghold. I look forward to it.

He may win his appeal. The stewards do seem incompetent. But if I were them and Marc wins his appeal I would simply issue a new penalty to Marc for not serving the original penalty. And I would make the penalty for not serving the original penalty more severe than the original penalty. It stands to reason that a penalty for not serving a penalty would be more than the original penalty. But as the stewards seem to be incompetent I don't think they are smart enough to do that.

It sucks that he will have taken out another racer, and ruined the race of a second racer, and not serve a penalty. While the stewards do seem incompetent, the penalty was justified and should be served. The incompetence of the stewards is no excuse. Marc had no one to blame but himself.

• Like 2
On 4/6/2023 at 12:11 PM, GuzziMoto said:

He may win his appeal. The stewards do seem incompetent. But if I were them and Marc wins his appeal I would simply issue a new penalty to Marc for not serving the original penalty. And I would make the penalty for not serving the original penalty more severe than the original penalty. It stands to reason that a penalty for not serving a penalty would be more than the original penalty. But as the stewards seem to be incompetent I don't think they are smart enough to do that.

It sucks that he will have taken out another racer, and ruined the race of a second racer, and not serve a penalty. While the stewards do seem incompetent, the penalty was justified and should be served. The incompetence of the stewards is no excuse. Marc had no one to blame but himself.

He cannot be judged twice for the same incident. They fumbled this one, it will serve as a lesson for the next time.

In any case, he has not won his appeal just yet. There must be a lot of lobbying behind the scene. Similar to when Andrea Iannone appealed his sentence, he got an increased penalty. Although the fault was completely different.

On 4/8/2023 at 1:14 PM, p6x said:

He cannot be judged twice for the same incident. They fumbled this one, it will serve as a lesson for the next time.

In any case, he has not won his appeal just yet. There must be a lot of lobbying behind the scene. Similar to when Andrea Iannone appealed his sentence, he got an increased penalty. Although the fault was completely different.

No, he can't be judged twice for the same incident. But he can be judged for not serving the original penalty.

Like if you get a speeding ticket and you don't pay the fine, you can have your license suspended. You aren't being judged twice for the same offense, you are being judged first for the original offense and second for not doing whatever you were required to do after the original offense. And typically, the punishment for not honoring the original judgement is usually a stronger penalty, not simply re-issuing the original penalty. If Marc doesn't want to defer the original penalty to the COTA round then he should get a stronger penalty for not serving the original penalty when he was required to do so.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, GuzziMoto said:

No, he can't be judged twice for the same incident. But he can be judged for not serving the original penalty.

He was unable to serve the original sentence as ordered by the stewards, not because he did not want to, because he defaulted on personal injury. This is pretty much different.

Max Biaggi ignored a black flag and was stripped from his win at the Catalunyan GP in 1998 after he refused to serve a "Stop and Go" for overtaking during a Yellow Flag. This was a clear denial to serve a penalty.

• Like 1

Why he didn't serve the original penalty isn't their problem. Simply that he never served the penalty is all they need to justify another penalty.

According to an Italian media, I think it is a TV channel, the appeal court decision will not come before COTA.

Whatever the outcome, Marquez will most likely race at Austin. That, and the background noise that he could join KTM at the end of the season.

We will see what happens.

I would love to see Marc leave Honda for KTM. That would be great as a KTM fan. Not a fan of Marc, but his talent is undeniable. Not sure how well he would do on the KTM, it seems to be fairly different from the others, they have a different way of doing things. But I would think good odds he could adapt. Less likely is Marc actually leaving Honda for KTM. That seems far fetched. I have heard the rumors, just like I have heard the rumors Rossi's team will switch from Ducati to Yamaha. Both sets of rumors would seem unlikely.

To be fair, the Honda doesn't seem that far off this year. Marc was on Pole, no? It was just Marc pulling one of his classic brain farts that destroyed his weekend, he was looking good right up until then. Very curious to see how the Kalex chassis works for Honda.