1 hour ago, GuzziMoto said:

I would love to see Marc leave Honda for KTM. That would be great as a KTM fan. Not a fan of Marc, but his talent is undeniable. Not sure how well he would do on the KTM, it seems to be fairly different from the others, they have a different way of doing things. But I would think good odds he could adapt. Less likely is Marc actually leaving Honda for KTM. That seems far fetched. I have heard the rumors, just like I have heard the rumors Rossi's team will switch from Ducati to Yamaha. Both sets of rumors would seem unlikely.

To be fair, the Honda doesn't seem that far off this year. Marc was on Pole, no? It was just Marc pulling one of his classic brain farts that destroyed his weekend, he was looking good right up until then. Very curious to see how the Kalex chassis works for Honda.

Marc Marquez on the Honda did the pole; using a tow ...

His brother Alex said about the Honda: riding exactly in the same manner, with a Ducati you fight for a podium. With a Honda, you are fighting to get into the top 10 positions.

If Marc Marquez leaves for KTM, I am afraid Honda may retire. Also, remember that one KTM MotoGP spot is held for Pedro Acosta. Who knows what could happen.

1 hour ago, p6x said:

Marc Marquez on the Honda did the pole; using a tow ...

His brother Alex said about the Honda: riding exactly in the same manner, with a Ducati you fight for a podium. With a Honda, you are fighting to get into the top 10 positions.

If Marc Marquez leaves for KTM, I am afraid Honda may retire. Also, remember that one KTM MotoGP spot is held for Pedro Acosta. Who knows what could happen.

And 3rd place in the sprint race from Portugal. Pole and 3rd in the sprint. Not the dominant bike rider combo it once was, but not uncompetitive.

2 hours ago, KINDOY2 said:

I heard that.  I suppose I'll miss COTA too but no because of him.  Amazing how events seem to suck out plans at the last minute.

9 hours ago, KINDOY2 said:

Neither will Bastianini;

Stefan Bradl will replace Marquez at Honda, and Michele Pirro will replace "Bestia".

While it is sad to have less pilots in an already depleted MotoGP grid, it gives a chance to someone else to shine.

Who will it be this time?

maybe Alex Marquez?

10 hours ago, p6x said:

While it is sad to have less pilots in an already depleted MotoGP grid, it gives a chance to someone else to shine.

Who will it be this time?

maybe Alex Marquez?

I thought Alex Marquez already had his moment to shine last weekend....

That 3rd place was like a win for him.

1 hour ago, GuzziMoto said:

I thought Alex Marquez already had his moment to shine last weekend....

That 3rd place was like a win for him.

I think a win remains the top objective. Like Zarco and his 11th time being second since he started in MotoGP.

Now he is in for the victory, or nothing. But I don't think COTA is his playground of choice.

On the other hand, Alex may get special advice from his brother who is undeniably the master of this track. Sadly, it seems the Japanese manufacturers are in the dog house.

So who knows? Aprilia or KTM could also create a surprise. Maybe Jack Miller perhaps. Bagnaia being very sore from his misstep may also want to redeem himself.

6 hours ago, p6x said:

I think a win remains the top objective. Like Zarco and his 11th time being second since he started in MotoGP.

Now he is in for the victory, or nothing. But I don't think COTA is his playground of choice.

On the other hand, Alex may get special advice from his brother who is undeniably the master of this track. Sadly, it seems the Japanese manufacturers are in the dog house.

So who knows? Aprilia or KTM could also create a surprise. Maybe Jack Miller perhaps. Bagnaia being very sore from his misstep may also want to redeem himself.

Sure, a win would be what he wants. But given his ability, a 3rd might be the best he will ever do.

Decision about Marquez's penalty appeal has been suspended until further notice by the three judges panel. As it stands, until a ruling is made, he can race without having to do the DLLP.

It is not Marquez then.... it is the Honda that favors COTA; but not for everybody...

Seriously, a boring GP, starting like a demolition derby, continuing with several top riders hitting the deck.

While the final outcome was interesting, RIns and Marini...

Anyone else saw Marini's overtaking of Quartararo? in an interview, Fabio compared the Ducati to rocket ships.

Good for LCR, big relief for Honda.

I am going out on a limb here, but I think Mir and Rins could switch teams sooner than later.

Bagnaia had it in the bag, he did not need to win this one. It simply contradicts all those who said he had matured and his crash habits were a thing of the past.

That overtaking, Luca - Fabio, I bet Fabio had a few swearings going, even busy. And enoyable seeing an old Honda ( VERY GOOD Rins ) picking on Peccos neck. Did enjoy the Moto 2 race to, specially last part.

Probably 1 ride of the year tomorrow  :D.

Cheers Tom.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Tomchri said:

Did enjoy the Moto 2 race to, specially last part.

It should be interesting to find out what could happen if MM93 was to change ride to KTM...

Pedro Acosta has been the coveted KTM golden boy, but if Marc Marquez was to go that route, maybe Pedro could be tempted. Isn't Honda with Red Bull too?

I know Marquez is sponsored by Red Bull, so he could slide in to that team. Not sure about it actually happening, though. It seems the Honda is not as bad as everyone said it was, Marc scoring a pole and a third place in the first race weekend, and now Rins winning at COTA. The Honda still has issues, but clearly it is closer to good then bad. At this level it can come down to just finding the right setup. Rins clearly had that. It was great to see Rins do well and not crash.

As to Pecco, he does that. I didn't understand why the announcers were so surprised. It was heartbreaking, but not unexpected. He had just crashed out of second at the previous round. The reason Pecco has the biggest comeback to the title under his belt is because he crashed so much last year, mostly at the beginning of the year. He crashed out of 4 races in the first half of the year as I recall. Then only 1 DNF in the second half of the year. Where as FQ finished every race in the first half of the year and then DNF'd in three races over the second half of the year, arguably due to the pressure he was under.

I hear there was an issue with the Moto2 bikes, a number of them just turned off when an electrical part failed. They did not know why the part failed so much at that round, possibly due to the bumpy circuit, or maybe from the heat. Whatever it was, the failures were high and the way the bike just shut off was dangerous. Imagine a Moto2 bike just shutting off in the middle of a pack of bikes going down the straight at high speed. That could be really bad.