Ducati set a new record in 2022; 1 Billion Euros total revenue!

5 hours ago, p6x said:

I guess their Worldsuperbike, MotoGP results help.

There used to be a saying in Australia, related to this race meeting in the '60s and '70s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bathurst_1000

"win on Sunday, sell on Monday"

Race success always helps, even if the street model doesn't really have much to do with the race version. :)

• Like 2
5 hours ago, LowRyter said:

Given my experience, I have to say the Ducati has their act together.  The bikes ride good, look good and seem reliable.  Routine maintenance costs are only a bit more.

I think they really nailed the marketing. But the prices don't make sense... 27k EUR for a motorcycle?! Even the Guzzi Mandello at 17k feels... a lot!

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, p6x said:

I think they really nailed the marketing. But the prices don't make sense... 27k EUR for a motorcycle?! Even the Guzzi Mandello at 17k feels... a lot!

Look at the other bikes in market.  No more than Harleys, Beemers, Guzzis, or Aprilias.  In the ballpark like within 15% of Japanese bikes.   Is 27k Eu the fullboat V4 multi?  An RT would run about the same.  

If you're like me, look for creampuff used one, broken-in and recalls done.  I don't care for the break in riding period and that new Guzzi has a governor on it.  Who wants that?  I wanna crack the throttle and go. So many people buy bikes, like to own a bike rather than ride, pamper it and get tired of it or trade for something faster.  

• Like 1
12 hours ago, LowRyter said:

Look at the other bikes in market.  No more than Harleys, Beemers, Guzzis, or Aprilias.  In the ballpark like within 15% of Japanese bikes.   Is 27k Eu the fullboat V4 multi?  An RT would run about the same.  

If you're like me, look for creampuff used one, broken-in and recalls done.  I don't care for the break in riding period and that new Guzzi has a governor on it.  Who wants that?  I wanna crack the throttle and go. So many people buy bikes, like to own a bike rather than ride, pamper it and get tired of it or trade for something faster.  

I am more an "older" motorcycles kind of guy. The "new/modern" stuff does not do it for me. I do not want to be surveilling a robot; I want to change my own gears, I don't need nobody between my throttle grip and the injection system. 

To each its own. I think I am old, old fashioned, and don't really want to pretend the world has changed. One exception though. I have purchased an airbag jacket.

Yes, the 27,490 EUR is for the Multistrada V4 Rally; VAT included. 170 hp - 227 kg. In line with the competition since adventure bikes are those that sell the most, at least in Europe.

If I manage to solve my parking space, I will go for a Stelvio.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, p6x said:

I am more an "older" motorcycles kind of guy. The "new/modern" stuff does not do it for me. I do not want to be surveilling a robot; I want to change my own gears, I don't need nobody between my throttle grip and the injection system. 

To each its own. I think I am old, old fashioned, and don't really want to pretend the world has changed. One exception though. I have purchased an airbag jacket.

Yes, the 27,490 EUR is for the Multistrada V4 Rally; VAT included. 170 hp - 227 kg. In line with the competition since adventure bikes are those that sell the most, at least in Europe.

If I manage to solve my parking space, I will go for a Stelvio.

Obviously we wouldn't be here if weren't interested in old motorcycles.   Your conclusion agrees with me, that Ducs are pretty much in the ballpark cost wise as the rest of the field.  Going through maintenance headaches with all of my older motorcycles and having to get rid of one, I find my newer Ducati to be so much better.  It's been reliable and shines in comfort and performance beyond any my legacy bikes.  

I did purchase my Duc used.  My advice, keep your eye o n a bike that you might likes, test ride it if you can, then wait for a good used one to come on the market.  Break in period done, recalls done, lots of pampered bikes with riders that don't really ride that much.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, LowRyter said:

Obviously we wouldn't be here if weren't interested in old motorcycles.   Your conclusion agrees with me, that Ducs are pretty much in the ballpark cost wise as the rest of the field.  Going through maintenance headaches with all of my older motorcycles and having to get rid of one, I find my newer Ducati to be so much better.  It's been reliable and shines in comfort and performance beyond any my legacy bikes.  

I did purchase my Duc used.  My advice, keep your eye o n a bike that you might likes, test ride it if you can, then wait for a good used one to come on the market.  Break in period done, recalls done, lots of pampered bikes with riders that don't really ride that much.

And specifically for "first year" bikes and engines, maybe wait a couple/three years for not just used bikes, but all the bugs to get worked out.

• Confused 1

27.490 Eur woud be a bargain for a Multi.  Pay the man 34.368 Eur  ( june 22 ) if you want one here.   Took a little while, but now I DO like it. NOT happy under 4k rpm, it's a Duc. Superb handling, and quite easyly capable of doing 270 km, if in a hurry  :rasta:.

heers Tom.

10 hours ago, al_roethlisberger said:

And specifically for "first year" bikes and engines, maybe wait a couple/three years for not just used bikes, but all the bugs to get worked out.

Some of us do not have that many years left to wait for the bikes to become flawless....:)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
45 minutes ago, p6x said:

Some of us do not have that many years left to wait for the bikes to become flawless....:)

You say that right as I feel like I'm getting mine sorted . . . :luigi:  :race:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, docc said:

The angry parrot face of the Multistrada is just lost on me.

What ever happened to Ducati = Drop-dead Gorgeous? . . . .

ducati-916-creator-sergio-robbiano-dies-

These guys are in the more affordable range upon consideration of condition and whether maintenance was kept up.  The maintenance intervals and costs are pretty high, the buy-in costs are fairly reasonable....916/996/998 

My simple '17 supersport by comparison is a close match to far as weight and power.  The maintenance interval is perhaps three time more miles. Styling is subjective but my newer bike won't disappoint, comfort wise, another universe. 

C3BC005692B046CEA38E07F8CB8B9C4F.jpg

• Like 1
11 hours ago, docc said:

The angry parrot face of the Multistrada is just lost on me.

What ever happened to Ducati = Drop-dead Gorgeous? . . . .

ducati-916-creator-sergio-robbiano-dies-

We call the Multistrada and GS reindeer in my neighborhood. You just don’t by a bike like that for the look, ugly as shit. But riding, oh yeah.       Never put my eyes on it, entering the cave.

Cheers Tom.

• Haha 3