Selling my Scura, aka The Old (V11) vs the New (V100)

PJPR01

Wow…what fun to see!! Out on the Scura, met a friend with a new Toy!  

Very tidy, efficient looking and gorgeous bike!  Great to see one in person…am I envious?  Just a little bit!!

Scura running like a charm, very spirited 140 miles today and clocked 41 mpg…quite happy with that!

Of course…I’m not selling the Scura!! 

70215464206__85AD7417-3914-4414-82F1-03109F23901C.jpeg

IMG_7469.jpeg

IMG_7470.jpeg

IMG_7479.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

Someone once made commentary on Guzzi company ownership & their bikes history wherein he ascribed the title to the V11’s…

”The last of the hairy-chested Guzzi’s”

That description always stuck with me 

Anyhow that being the case I wonder what moniker will in time percolate to the surface and be attributed to the new V100’s? 🤔

• Like 3

That's an interesting analogy!  I guess the V11 must be Sean Connery then, and perhaps the V100 will be Roger Moore or Pierce Brosnan.

The V100 definitely looks and sounds much more refined even with the Mistral installed vs. the stock exhaust.  I didn't have the chance to ride it, but spent a lot of time inspecting, listening and watching it next to me and in front on the road.  It looks and sounds FANTASTIC!  

There are a few interesting items on it...double chambered Ohlins rear suspension, an easily accessible and tilted clutch bleeder valve, the dash is easily read in bright sunlight, easy to switch modes (road, rain, touring, sport)...ironically, no Hazard signal button...I wonder why.  Throttle has a nice feel, very strong snap back, very smooth response revving it a bit in the parking lot.  The Tenni Green looks amazing too, overall the bike is quite a looker!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PJPR01 said:

... the V100 will be Roger Moore or Pierce Brosnan.

Daniel Graig. The old, familiar story, but in "modern". :)

.....ironically, no Hazard signal button...

I read about that in another forum. Apparently the hazard warning goes off under very heavy braking, but can't be switched on manually. Curious...:huh2:

• Like 1

• PJPR01 changed the title to Selling my Scura, aka The Old (V11) vs the New (V100)
13 hours ago, Chuck said:

Sounds to me that the computer doesn't want to get hit from behind on heavy braking..:huh2:

Well under heavy braking I be nervous rear ending the vehicle in front of me…

and gouging out a couple of bloody ice cream scoops of inner thigh from those aero wings as I’m catapulted forward sliding along the tank!

I know they call ‘em aero’s but to me they look like gidji prongs

• Like 1
  • Haha 2