Watches, clocks, and . . . sundials!

I am not sure what the best solution is, but I know that it doesn’t include this:

i-G7DtkTH-L.jpg

i-jp9f2wv-L.jpg

I really like the watch -- #002/300 -- as a memento of good moto-times, but it is decidedly not from Glashütte.

Have had it for 15 years or so.  Stopped running about 10 years ago.

Had watch shops in Davenport, Iowa, and, later, one in Fort Lauderdale, try to fix. 

Seemed to work awhile, then went back to sleep.  One of the repair shops said that wearing it while riding a motorcycle transmitted too much vibration.

Hmmmmm.  OK, but more than flying one of these? 

i-QmWK8dB-L.png

I'll bet that those controls buzzed as much as a big block Guzzi!

i-WhcrjsL-L.png

Anyway, a nice watch; wish it worked.  

Think I’ll send it here, http://www.watchrepairsusa.com, and hope for the best.

Bill

• Like 5
14 minutes ago, Speedfrog said:

Hey Paul, have you checked Formotion? They have nice instruments designed for motorcycle and such at Timex prices (Guzzi content).

https://www.formotionproducts.com

Lovely!!  Many thanks for the pointer here...some very nice options indeed...thank you!  Friday purchase coming up!!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Bill Hagan said:

I am not sure what the best solution is, but I know that it doesn’t include this:

i-G7DtkTH-L.jpg

i-jp9f2wv-L.jpg

I really like the watch -- #002/300 -- as a memento of good moto-times, but it is decidedly not from Glashütte.

Have had it for 15 years or so.  Stopped running about 10 years ago.

Had watch shops in Davenport, Iowa, and, later, one in Fort Lauderdale, try to fix. 

Seemed to work awhile, then went back to sleep.  One of the repair shops said that wearing it while riding a motorcycle transmitted too much vibration.

Hmmmmm.  OK, but more than flying one of these? 

i-QmWK8dB-L.png

I'll bet that those controls buzzed as much as a big block Guzzi!

i-WhcrjsL-L.png

Anyway, a nice watch; wish it worked.  

Think I’ll send it here, http://www.watchrepairsusa.com, and hope for the best.

Bill

I wore mine (#11) daily up until about 6 months ago. Wore it to work in my auto shop as well as riding. The abuse was never an issue. Then I dropped it on a concrete floor. I picked it up and the winding weight was spinning freely. It still works but will not self wind. I'm looking for a reliable repair too.

I've replaced it as my daily wear watch with a Hamilton automatic. Still I'd love to get the MG watch repaired. 

WIN_20230414_13_30_06_Pro.jpg

• Like 4

I stopped wearing a watch decades ago,but I've got an older,cheap silver pocket watch I like to have with me if I need to keep track of time;I'll probably mcgyver a way to fasten it to my tank bags.:rasta:

Bill & Dan, I'm just thinking out loud; re both of you having those fine guzzi time pieces in need of repair.

Iirc Scout63? over on WG is apparently Swiss & I "think" his area of expertise is watch & clock repair. He might be able to help yous or at least point you in the right direction.

fwiw fyi

• Like 3

I haven't worn a watch for years.  Everyone carries a phone.  A wristwatch is a fashion accessory.  I might occasionally wear my GrandDad's Hamilton given to him by Sun Oil for 25 years service.  It is a sleek gold classic looker, as a time piece so-so.   I have a Seiko that hasn't been touched in 5 years but still appears to be keeping good time.  

• Like 1
6 hours ago, PJPR01 said:

I have two items from a company called Clocks for Bikes...unfortunately they went out of business a while back.  They were nice because they had a nice green backlight when pressed, so not too bright at night.  My temp gauge still functions, but the clock required services and I couldn't get it repaired.

Currently hunting for something new that fits with a 2002 time piece.

No Patek Philippe, Ball or Ulysse Nardin for the Scura however...

My TIMEX on the Sport is from their INDIGLO® series and has the backlight function when the stem is pressed . Thirty bucks and enough variety to find a face and bezel to match most instruments.  Don't laugh  at the thirty bucks. That is more than four times what I paid for the last couple "clocks" on mySport.

th?id=OIP.nMI8fmE03w1REHLnDLK9vAHaHu%26p

I actually looked at cheap watch racks for a long time before stumbling across somethng to match my GB instruments (grey face, Arabic numerals, chrome bezel) . . .

dbf25d27-3256-4187-896e-982a036f0d5e.jpg

• Like 3

As an analogue man in a digital world, these Timex watches appeal to me!

I had one as a schoolboy and will buy another when the $20 Target one I wear on the bike and for mucking about gives up the ghost....

I have a Longines classic which I wear the rest of the time....

Cheers Guzzler

• Like 4
1 hour ago, docc said:

My TIMEX on the Sport is from their INDIGLO® series and has the backlight function when the stem is pressed . Thirty bucks and enough variety to find a face and bezel to match most instruments.  Don't laugh  at the thirty bucks. That is more than four times what I paid for the last couple "clocks" on mySport.

th?id=OIP.nMI8fmE03w1REHLnDLK9vAHaHu%26p

I actually looked at cheap watch racks for a long time before stumbling across somethng to match my GB instruments (grey face, Arabic numerals, chrome bezel) . . .

dbf25d27-3256-4187-896e-982a036f0d5e.jpg

For equilibrium purposes, it just feels like you need a matching temperature gauge to balance the dash out!  :)

2 hours ago, PJPR01 said:

For equilibrium purposes, it just feels like you need a matching temperature gauge to balance the dash out!  :)

Funny you should say that. (Telling, really.)

Other than land speed and engine rpm, I would want to see just a couple other parameters I find pertinent while riding.

The location and course to the nearest shopping or drive-thru fastfood? Er, NO! :bbblll:

The ambient temperature and the motorcycle's electrical voltage, yes.  The "time" in an analog display, please.

• Like 3