Wanted - Veglia Borletti Tachometer

samdroid

Hi Folks,

I'm in search of a working Veglia tach for my 2000 v11 sport. Mine was a casualty of some grounding issues and a faulty voltage regulator, all now solved but the tach never recovered.

I'll happily pay a fair price + shipping to Canada.

Thanks,

Sam

And for certain, both Relay#1 and Relay#2 have been changed out to rule out that one (or both) of them could be the tachometer problem?

edit: I found this thread, but am concerned that there was no full resolution to the relay question. Still running those nefarious Siemens @samdroid?

I suppose that my battle with the early Sport instruments led me to translate "Veglia" = "fragile" . . . :huh:

As long as your #1/#2 relays check out, let's count on a replacement Veglia tach for your beautiful Sport. :luigi:

(I tried the usual ten page ebay search and didn't find one . . .)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, docc said:

I suppose that my battle with the early Sport instruments led me to translate "Veglia" = "fragile" . . . :huh:

As long as your #1/#2 relays check out, let's count on a replacement Veglia tach for your beautiful Sport. :luigi:

(I tried the usual ten page ebay search and didn't find one . . .)

Thanks, I've pondered aftermarket in the interim as I appreciate that the Veglia instruments are notoriously failure prone and consequently quite rare. Presumably any 1:1 electric tach fits the bill no? 

8 hours ago, samdroid said:

Thanks, I've pondered aftermarket in the interim as I appreciate that the Veglia instruments are notoriously failure prone and consequently quite rare. Presumably any 1:1 electric tach fits the bill no? 

This is a good question. The Speedhut I installed has a setting to interpret the incoming signal.

Not sure what you mean by "1:1" . . .

[edit: After seeing that @PJPR01 just posted that he found a rare V11 part at TLM/Nijmegen, I found this:

https://tlm.nl/moto-guzzi-triumph/us-02767200-used-toerenteller-cal-ev02-v11-10-quota

Says "used", but that needle looks mighty orange (as it should coming from The Netherlands! ):nl:  . . .

a42698-1-2__20306.1634205829.jpg?c=1

• Like 1

There are a number of companies that rebuild "old" Veglia and other European gauges, but I have no idea what the cost would be.

If you can't find a new or good used unit, you might reach out to some and ask what they would charge.

It would be interesting to hear if nothing else.

1 hour ago, docc said:

This is a good question. The Speedhut I installed has a setting to interpret the incoming signal.

Not sure what you mean by "1:1" . . .

[edit: After seeing that @PJPR01 just posted that he found a rare V11 part at TLM/Nijmegen, I found this:

https://tlm.nl/moto-guzzi-triumph/us-02767200-used-toerenteller-cal-ev02-v11-10-quota

Says "used", but that needle looks mighty orange (as it should coming from The Netherlands! ):nl:  . . .

a42698-1-2__20306.1634205829.jpg?c=1

@docc I've come across that one at TLM both on ebay and thru their site directly, however haven't been successful purchasing. I presume this to mean that the item is sold and the webmaster simply hasn't fulfilled his duties :(.

I must thank you for your efforts, however!

@samdroid When you look for Italian brands, such as Veglia, you need to set your location to Italy using some kind of VPN service.

It also helps if you write the search criterion in local language. I got plenty of hits, however this one is on eBay so it is easy to access.

Here's the link.

You need to make contact with the seller, because he may refuse to ship outside of Europe. Also note that he sold 479 items, so he is not just a casual seller using eBay to get rid of some of the family jewels. Note the 95.7% feed-back, which is low.

100 EUR for this instrument is nothing! my V11 had the odometer not working, and I spent a long time looking for a replacement; all I could find were complete clusters between 500 and 1000 USD!

Good luck!

Conta giri V11 Ebay

• Like 2

1 hour ago, samdroid said:

@docc I've come across that one at TLM both on ebay and thru their site directly, however haven't been successful purchasing. I presume this to mean that the item is sold and the webmaster simply hasn't fulfilled his duties :(.

I saw another tach on their website that was 350 Euro and declared out of stock. (I thought that one may have been new, but didn't look that closely.)

This one shows in stock, used. Worth emailing them to confirm. I have had good experience buying from TLM from here in The States, yet found that their ebay listings can be out of date and no longer available.

Stop the presses. I *think* I have one if I didn't give it to Colt with the spares for the Mighty Scura. I bought a spare cluster for Darth Quota back in the day.. I'll check after breakfast.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I still have it. From memory, a little different looking than the V11 tach, but no doubt works the same. The guy said they worked, but I have no method of checking the tach other than wiring it up to the tach output on my little homebuilt airplane, and that would involve taking off the center section cover, windscreen, hooking it up, putting that stuff back on, and starting the engine.

No. Not going to happen. :D About all I could do is offer a money back garantee. Oh, and I have another speedo.. I'm an antique airplane guy, and when I see something I think I might need on an antique machine, I buy it. At least I used to. I'm in de-acquisition mode in my dotage. :oldgit:

20230415_093806.jpg

• Like 2

The only difference with the V11 tach is the the matte black bezel. I know a guy with the black one on his LeMans and likes the non-glare better.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/14/2023 at 8:17 AM, samdroid said:

I went back to this one and was successful in buying it from TLM, so I have it in my possession now!  I took a gamble on Ebay and made them a reasonable offer @ 160 EUR plus 50 Euro for shipping).   The only issue I am trying to solve is that the picture of the item on Ebay showed a beautiful orange needle, what arrived is one that is just as faded as the one I currently have, currently in email contact with TLM to see if they sent me the right one or if they have another one.  I am hesitant to open this up and paint the needle, I don't recall anyone having success in opening these bevel cases and resealing w/o damage.  If for some reason you're still looking, and you don't care if you have a tachometer with a faded orange needle and slightly faded numbers, I could send you the one I have on my Scura for $100 bucks plus shipping after I get this new one installed.

• Like 2