Meinolf Map and a reluctant CO Trim setting

PJPR01

Today I decided to finally load Meinolf's V11 Bin map after 4 years!  Anyway, after downloading it again since my original link had expired, managed to get all connected.

Guzzidiag v60 connected perfectly just like it does for my Norge and Griso...no issues recognizing port or Guzzi specific model...up and running we go.

Most current Reader working perfectly, saved my original Bin to my laptop.

Most current Writer working perfectly, uploaded the new Bin to the ECU and dialed in the air bleed screws entirely (as per Meinolf's guidelines).  Took it for a spin around the block...clearly a different animal entirely in terms of torque curve and smoother acceleration, but noticeably lower idle speed than I had with the stock Bin map.  I haven't adjusted any idle screws or linkage between the throttle bodies so those are all the same.

Followed the rest of Meinolf's instructions, but can't seem to get my CO Trim to move from the current setting of +20 to zero or for that matter any other number.  Have tried a dozen times with various settings/switches on/off, always trying to set it to Zero (to align to Meinolf's settings), hit Finish and it just stays there...minutes go by and no further prompts coming from Guzzidiag.

Bike is on a tender while I'm doing all of this so I'm getting full power...am starting to wonder if the battery which is in good shape is somehow the culprit?  I have no stored faults of any sort, have read this every time.  Read thru as many CO Trim and Meinolf specific map threads as I could find.   I don't have TunerPro so I have no path to doing this mod via the EPROM process.

Scratching my head...someone clue me in on what I'm doing wrong please!  Thank you!

• Like 1

You sound very comfortable with guzzidiag, I'm definitely not there yet.

You mention a few variables,but you don't mention getting the engine up to operating temp to enable the CO trim to be changed.

Iirc the engine had to be at least 60 ? degrees to unlock the CO trim.

If that's old news to you and what you were doing,disregard.

When I tried to adjust my CO trim, I was locked out completely from the ECU until I lowered my side stand, which still doesn't make sense to me;but I learned that with guzzidiag, I have to keep an open mind willing to try any & everything to get it to connect & work.

fwiw

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks 80….indeed the option to even begin adjusting the CO trim only works once the temp is above 60C.

Once the temp has been achieved, It allows me to go from the current CO setting of +20 to any new setting or in this case to the recommended 0 setting for the Meinolf map  but once I click The Finish button nothing happens and it doesn’t register and hold the new setting yet.

I’ve left the bike charging overnight, hoping that maybe the battery might be the culprit….will know shortly!

Thanks!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, p6x said:

I take that you are using a computer running Microsoft OS?

P6X…Yes…and it’s the same laptop I use for the Norge and Griso.  No connection issues or driver conflicts…just this particular functionality at the moment seems to be an issue.  

Merci!

1 minute ago, PJPR01 said:

P6X…Yes…and it’s the same laptop I use for the Norge and Griso.  No connection issues or driver conflicts…just this particular functionality at the moment seems to be an issue.  

Merci!

I purchased the interface, downloaded and unzipped the software. I am using an old MacBook Pro from late 2011 that runs an older version of MacOS. The software runs, but I can't get communication with the interface.

I should assign the port directly in UNIX, but I have not gotten around to do it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, p6x said:

I purchased the interface, downloaded and unzipped the software. I am using an old MacBook Pro from late 2011 that runs an older version of MacOS. The software runs, but I can't get communication with the interface.

I should assign the port directly in UNIX, but I have not gotten around to do it.

MACS are apparently notoriously much harder to use with Guzzidiag…based on commentary from many folks on various forums.  Using an OS laptop for some might be a bit fiddly on getting the right COM port or if you have firewall issues, and sometimes even the Guzzidiag system itself requires going in and out a few times, but I’ve always been able to get it work.

It seems that adding a MAC element makes this process another bit harder.

• Like 1

All fixed!  CO responded right away this morning after a full night charge on the battery.  Time for a long run now!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

170 miles…really smooth and cool temp ride today.  The Meinolf map is a massive improvement over the stock map I had in the bike.  To be fair I don’t know with certainty that it is a stock OEM map since it’s what the bike has had since I bought it almost 7 years ago.

However, this Meinolf map is deliciously smooth, can ride at 70-80 mph and no vibrations at all…power seems to come surging on between 4-7k rpm, very different from the rather flat power delivery of the prior map.  

Really enjoyable ride and results!

IMG_7649.jpeg

IMG_7647.jpeg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, PJPR01 said:

MACS are apparently notoriously much harder to use with Guzzidiag…

Bernd doens't use Mac, so he can't easily test the Mac version. Considering that, I think it is a pretty good effort on his part that a Mac version of Guzzidiag even exists. :)

• Like 3