Headlamp LED insert for V11 Sport - sale cancelled

Rolf Halvorsen

A friend of mine here in Norway bouth this insert for his V11 Sport Rosso Mandello.

He bought it from Australia. Forgetting that they drive (mostly) on the left side of the roads.

After a few days testing - he found out that the light did not work well when driving on the norwegian right sides of the roads.

So this advertisment is mainly for UK and Australia (pluss any other country that drives on the left side of the roads).

Price would be 75 Euros + shipping.

According to the box, it has the following text:

D2D Honda CB LED 7" replacement Headlight with Park light

(Honda: CB125, CB400, CB500, CB900, CB1300, Hornet 250, Hornet 600, Hornet 900)

According to what he paid for it - this price should be very attractive.

Lamp 1.JPG

Lamp 2.JPG

Lamp 3.JPG

• Like 1

• docc changed the title to Headlamp LED insert for V11 Sport - sale cancelled

Check out Vintage car leds. Excellent H4 bulbs, also 7inch headlights, not looking to space aged.

Cheers Tom.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tomchri said:

Check out Vintage car leds. Excellent H4 bulbs, also 7inch headlights, not looking to space aged.

Cheers Tom.

Those do look nice, and the model for motorcycles allows you to buy a single unit for a reasonable price:

VCm3 - 7 INCH LED HEADLIGHT KIT - Vintage Car LEDs

• Like 2

That looks interesting.

For those living in Europe: the "classic lens upgrade" (shown in Al's link) and the "German Hella lens upgrade" both appear to have an "E number". The standard economy lens doesn't seem to have one.

I bought one of those sealed units for my '72 Eldo, I think it was $40.  It was advertised for use with motorcycles & Jeeps.  I really don't care about lthe ight pattern, I primarly bought it because of it's low current demand and it makes the bike more conspicuous  imho.  I don't ride that bike at night either so it's perfect for what I'm using it for.

Also, I bought  off brand LED H4's for both my Lemans.  They're mc specific, have thin metal bases like conventional H4's, fit perfect, work great and picked up a couple tenths of a volt overall system voltage.  I still have to replace the pilot bulbs with LEDs because the incandescent pilots cast a yellowish hue against the more white LEDs.

Art

2 hours ago, guzziart said:

I bought one of those sealed units for my '72 Eldo, I think it was $40.  It was advertised for use with motorcycles & Jeeps.  I really don't care about lthe ight pattern, I primarly bought it because of it's low current demand and it makes the bike more conspicuous  imho.  I don't ride that bike at night either so it's perfect for what I'm using it for.

Also, I bought  off brand LED H4's for both my Lemans.  They're mc specific, have thin metal bases like conventional H4's, fit perfect, work great and picked up a couple tenths of a volt overall system voltage.  I still have to replace the pilot bulbs with LEDs because the incandescent pilots cast a yellowish hue against the more white LEDs.

Art

Do you recall what LED bulb you purchased for the Lemans light?  Also how long have you had them?  I'm always curious how well these off-brand LEDs hold up.

Thanks!

Hi Al,

I installed the bulb last Fall and have no idea what kind on longevity it will have.  The packaging has the CREE LED name on it but cannot confirm it is a genuine CREE product.  Additionally, I just bought a Sylvania LED 194 bulb to replace the incandescent pilot bulb and hope to install it soon.  I plan on checking the current draw of both headlight & pilot light combined when I get a minute and post my numbers.

I installed an Auxito brand LED in my '87 Lemans, it fit fine whereas, it would not fit the V11 Lemans...base was too thick and overall length was 8-10mm too long as I recall.

4/30/23 Update: The LED bulb described in the pic below draws 0.45 amps on low, 0.65 amps on high.  I thought these values were way too low but when I did the math for a 9w bulb (W divided by V = A), it was in the neighbrhood. The originalH4 had a 4.18 amp draw.  I wonder how bright this will be at night??!!  Glad I'm not out after dark.

7/6/23 Update: The LED bulb described in the pic below has failed, I'm now in pursuit of another.

The Auxito bulb I installed in my '87 Lemans draws 1.7a on low beam, 2.1a on high. I've been out after dark with this bike, I was racing against sunset and sunset won,  The Auxito bulb provided me with plenty of light imho.

Artlarge.20230429_092137.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/25/2023 at 7:43 AM, Rolf Halvorsen said:

A friend of mine here in Norway bouth this insert for his V11 Sport Rosso Mandello.

He bought it from Australia. Forgetting that they drive (mostly) on the left side of the roads.

After a few days testing - he found out that the light did not work well when driving on the norwegian right sides of the roads.

So this advertisment is mainly for UK and Australia (pluss any other country that drives on the left side of the roads).

Price would be 75 Euros + shipping.

According to the box, it has the following text:

D2D Honda CB LED 7" replacement Headlight with Park light

(Honda: CB125, CB400, CB500, CB900, CB1300, Hornet 250, Hornet 600, Hornet 900)

According to what he paid for it - this price should be very attractive.

Lamp 1.JPG

Lamp 2.JPG

Lamp 3.JPG

Hi Rolf,

A  7" round headlight will fit the Sport??  Any idea if I could fit one of these into a '03 Lemans?  I realize that I'd no longer have a pilot light.  Without going out to the garage, pulling the fairing & headlamp assembly, I don't recall if the trim ring that holds the headlight into the bucket separates from the headlamp.  If so, I'd like to try a one of those 7" sealed assemblies. 

Or has anyone else here tried one of these sealed LEDs in their Sport or Lemans?  I put one in my '72 Eldo and it works great as of last night....went to a local cruise-in and got caught riding home at sunset.

Thanks,

Art

8/11/23 update: I bought one of those 7" round LED headlights for my Eldo several months ago and it works fine.  So, I recently bought one for the Lemans.  However, the bezel & bucket on my Lemans will NOT accomodate a 7' round.  The oem reflector assembly hooks into the bucket top, a sheet metal screw & tin nut retain it.  The bezel clips onto the reflector.  This is contrary to my thought that the bezel is utlized to retain the reflector in the bucket....like on most cars & bikes. Oh well.