a hen's tooth

Cold Desert Rat

Someone sent me this link, looks like the same rack to me:

http://www.prodigium.it/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=307&language=en&zenid=83356d1afaf32d0583665ff21b6dae77

I have no idea if the link is still valid, if the thing is still being produced, or any of that. Just thought I'd mention it. :)

Make sure you get the fasteners to bolt this on. And yes , these racks don't hold much . So do not expaect to tie a couple of small block chevy cylinder heads on it to take to the machine shop. 

• Haha 1

The weight limit listed on the rack is 3kg. I have toured with 4 to 5 times that piled on it. The rack itself is strong enough for more. The Mfg concern is likely the mount points which are the weak spot. They are the tabs pitifully welded to the frame and carry the weight and vibration of the mufflers as well as the passenger pegs. The use of the rack provides some stability to the area imo, though the extra 'levered' weight should be considered when loading.

They also maybe were considering controlability/liability with the weight 'warning'

I wouldn't pay it much thought.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, footgoose said:

The weight limit listed on the rack is 3kg. I have toured with 4 to 5 times that piled on it. The rack itself is strong enough for more. The Mfg concern is likely the mount points which are the weak spot. They are the tabs pitifully welded to the frame and carry the weight and vibration of the mufflers as well as the passenger pegs. The use of the rack provides some stability to the area imo, though the extra 'levered' weight should be considered when loading.

They also maybe were considering controlability/liability with the weight 'warning'

I wouldn't pay it much thought.

Truth . . .

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Cold Desert Rat said:

guess my life is now complete

thank you Mr. P wherever you are. :bier:

v11 rack sm.jpg

Let me know if you need some pictures of how to mount the rack. It's not immediately obvious (at least it wasn't to me).

• Thanks 1

Great find…these are rare but really nice to have for a rear bag…Also highly suggest getting longer screws, same style recessed head, it will make it easier to mount and provides more purchase on the frame.  I found them at my local ACE hardware…made it much easier to mount.

I painted my rack and screws black to keep with the Scura look…it’s very convenient to have a small bag.  3kg limit but With care could be 5-6 kg without any trouble.  No sitting on it!!

• Like 1

I sent an email to Prodigium two days ago about the V11 rear rack availability, But no word back from them yet.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I call it a one-Bible rack. Maybe a pack of smokes, too. :D

Honestly, I just love how it looks.

Now, having seen one in the flesh its limitations are obvious.

And I hate the mounting hardware. Might remake those mounting plates.

I'd be very curious what prodigium wants for a rack. And how did you ever find it?

cdr