1997 Sport 1100i - Fuel Tank & Fairing Removal

MotoTim

Hi All

Well good progress to date on the Sport. Got the rear end up and wheel off for new rubber. Will do the same for the front when I get the MG "ring nut" socket delivered later this week. Took the opportunity to grease the driveshaft and lube the splines.

Now for the airbox, fuel filter, valves etc..  I downloaded the Sport manual from Greg's site and between that and a search of various forums I can't find the instructions for removing the fairing..  anyone know where I can find this info?

Thx

Tim

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MotoTim said:

Hi All

Well good progress to date on the Sport. Got the rear end up and wheel off for new rubber. Will do the same for the front when I get the MG "ring nut" socket delivered later this week. Took the opportunity to grease the driveshaft and lube the splines.

Now for the airbox, fuel filter, valves etc..  I downloaded the Sport manual from Greg's site and between that and a search of various forums I can't find the instructions for removing the fairing..  anyone know where I can find this info?

Thx

Tim

@Pressureangle question . . .

28 minutes ago, docc said:

@Pressureangle question . . .

The fairing, yeah... too easy. 2 screws in the front sides, 2 in the tank ends, and the mirrors. The tricky part is getting it past the forks; turn the forks fully to one side or the other, and stretch anxiously. It's a bit easier if you have the tank off but not much. Putting it back on has the additional PITA of coupling the intake hoses. Overall it's very simple if a little aggro.
FWIW next time my front's off I'll take the advice of others to replace the axle pin nut with a common hex nut. 

• Thanks 2