Moto Guzzi V100 Stelvio

v11_meticcio

Yes, there has been mention of that in the German forum I'm active in. I've been convinced from the start that there would be more models based on the V100 platform. Seems like the next one is on the way. I hope it turns out as well as the V100 Mandello appears to have done.

Incidentally, it wouldn't surprise me if those photos were "officially "accidently" leaked". They seem to have done the rounds at a remarkably cracking pace. B)

• Like 4

No surprise there as Moto Guzzi had officially shown a "Coming Soon" landscape ideal showcase an adventure bike.

The Moto Guzzi V85TT is Guzzi's best selling motorcycle; it makes a lot of sense.

The Stelvio would be my number one choice if I had room. Not the the V100; the 1200 Stelvio NTX. I want my cylinders air cooled.

• Like 1

Another 19” front wheel with a couple of faux bark busters - the usual formulaic Adventure light effort

I’d rather be ogling a future LeMans

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ScuRoo said:

Another 19” front wheel with a couple of faux bark busters - the usual formulaic Adventure light effort

I’d rather be ogling a future LeMans

That was my initial thought too.... the market is not pointing towards this though. Besides, I do not think Moto Guzzi will ever be able to recreate the patina or aura of the Le Mans; at least not with the V100 engine.

I personally am stuck in the rut, seeing a radiator on a motorcycle shills my prospect to get it. I do not want an iteration of a glory from the past, I want the real thing. I have gotten it anyway.

I am reasonably certain that if and when, it will be a Stelvio 1200 NTX; for a little while, I thought the Daytona, but it would be too close to my Le Mans to provide me with a very distinct feel. I mean, past the initial discovery stage.

The Stelvio makes perfect sense. It is a different perspective, far from the café racer spirit, indeed with a 19" front wheel, and 600 lbs. An great change from my Le Mans, but keeping enough of the Guzzi atmosphere I like to feel when I ride. Maybe even providing some new sensations which I have not yet discovered with my Le Mans.

You are based in UK, it may not make much sense to you. The same way it never did to me when I lived in EUR. But Texas gets to you. I say Texas, I should say the USA. This is kind of the rider's paradise here. As I am typing this, I picture the Chihuahua desert in West Texas. There are plenty of bare terrain roads there, leading you to the stars above. Don't get me wrong, I have ventured on these strips with the Le Mans, but it was a go around, a mitigation, a worse go. Suddenly, an adventure bike takes a new meaning when you are riding alone, without crossing a single soul for miles and miles. It feels like the mythical "I am free", compounded by the no cell coverage. That's right! it is part of the complete loneliness. Nobody can reach you.

I want to get even closer to the meaning of Lone Star State.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, p6x said:

That was my initial thought too.... the market is not pointing towards this though. Besides, I do not think Moto Guzzi will ever be able to recreate the patina or aura of the Le Mans; at least not with the V100 engine.

I personally am stuck in the rut, seeing a radiator on a motorcycle shills my prospect to get it. I do not want an iteration of a glory from the past, I want the real thing. I have gotten it anyway.

I am reasonably certain that if and when, it will be a Stelvio 1200 NTX; for a little while, I thought the Daytona, but it would be too close to my Le Mans to provide me with a very distinct feel. I mean, past the initial discovery stage.

The Stelvio makes perfect sense. It is a different perspective, far from the café racer spirit, indeed with a 19" front wheel, and 600 lbs. An great change from my Le Mans, but keeping enough of the Guzzi atmosphere I like to feel when I ride. Maybe even providing some new sensations which I have not yet discovered with my Le Mans.

You are based in UK, it may not make much sense to you. The same way it never did to me when I lived in EUR. But Texas gets to you. I say Texas, I should say the USA. This is kind of the rider's paradise here. As I am typing this, I picture the Chihuahua desert in West Texas. There are plenty of bare terrain roads there, leading you to the stars above. Don't get me wrong, I have ventured on these strips with the Le Mans, but it was a go around, a mitigation, a worse go. Suddenly, an adventure bike takes a new meaning when you are riding alone, without crossing a single soul for miles and miles. It feels like the mythical "I am free", compounded by the no cell coverage. That's right! it is part of the complete loneliness. Nobody can reach you.

To illustrate my narrative further, closer to home, I would like to propose this video. Skim through the verbiage, just look at the landscape and picture the most appropriate Moto Guzzi to do it....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joe said:

I would buy a V100 Sport or a V100 Lemans tomorrow :2c:

Let's see how quickly you will be able to realize your dream....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, p6x said:

Suddenly, an adventure bike takes a new meaning when you are riding alone, without crossing a single soul for miles and miles. It feels like the mythical "I am free", compounded by the no cell coverage. That's right! it is part of the complete loneliness. Nobody can reach you.

For what you’re describing p6x - the big dually Quota is better suited & tougher than the 19” front Carc rear Stelvio

💯% rawer it’s a longhorn bike that can do more hardcore than the softer adventour Stelvio

66403B61-BBB4-4334-A06E-3E59DF7DE678.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Joe said:

I would buy a V100 Sport or a V100 Lemans tomorrow :2c:

9445B711-5B4B-4948-AAD2-4CF4878189F1.jpeg

Nought much wrong with this effort but I’m guessing it’ll be around 2025/26 with maybe 130-140hp after new factory is completed. As you can guess…

I’m waiting too

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ScuRoo said:

For what you’re describing p6x - the big dually Quota is better suited & tougher than the 19” front Carc rear Stelvio

💯% rawer it’s a longhorn bike that can do more hardcore than the softer adventour Stelvio

66403B61-BBB4-4334-A06E-3E59DF7DE678.jpeg

Thanks for the tip!

I had not considered the QUOTA. To be honest, I have never seen one up close and personal.

The Stelvio NTX and its "paniers (I really can't get acquainted with this designation)" offers some benefits as I have been starved to carry some of my photographic equipment on the Le Mans.

A quick search on the usual web sites yield zero QUOTA; I am guessing they are going to be rarer than the Daytona 1000...

But I like the crude look of the QUOTA!

• Like 1

@ScuRoo I found one; even with the correct color for my taste!

However it is on one of these sites which sellers never update after they have sold their bike. Since it is an old listing, I don't keep my hopes up. But I sent an email; just in case.

4000 USD I can afford.

Moto Guzzi Quota for sale

• Like 2

2 hours ago, al_roethlisberger said:

Quota's... you never see them.

You do here, occasionally. I know of three (I think...) owners. Going by the posts in the german forum, there are several more members there who have, or have had one. :)