Moto Guzzi V100 Stelvio

v11_meticcio

Sounds like the Stelvio 1200 NTX remains the front runner.

The one that I checked in San Antonio Texas sold for 7190 USD from about 8k posted in January. Gives me an indication of where the market value those. 30k miles and 2014.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2023 at 2:29 PM, 2Stroke-Racing said:

the soft front fork on gravel

I wanted to bounce back on your remark;

You can probably change the springs inside the front fork, and put stiffer ones? not going to say that you can also upgrade the front fork, but there are probably some other ways to improve.

Maybe put a more viscous oil too.

Does anybody know of a way to make contact with sellers that don't answer on "smartcycleguide"?

https://www.smartcycleguide.com/L51233797

Is the site a good way to purchase anything?

If you follow the link above, you will se that this QUOTA is listed as a "California Stone" from 2002. The title contradicts the details of the add.

There are at least two of these bikes listed from UTAH Bountiful.

I have sent email to each and everyone of them.  Is this site legit?

1 hour ago, p6x said:

I wanted to bounce back on your remark;

You can probably change the springs inside the front fork, and put stiffer ones? not going to say that you can also upgrade the front fork, but there are probably some other ways to improve.

Maybe put a more viscous oil too.

thanks for the ideas but i decided to keep my quota as factory vanilla as possible. (certain OEM spare parts are a nightmare these days)

You can do maaaaaany things to fix those quirky issues with the ES1100- i have seen few guys going this path and they all invested quite a lot money, time and emotional energy to make their really unique personal bikes. 

Worldtraveller (including ABS) , Rallye racer or Supermoto - Quota gives determined guys a space to plot their customizing vision on a quite special bike. I do not know a Quota Tuner that is not satisfied with his artwork outcome. But all those guys admit that using a BMW GS ,Honda Africa Twin or even a Stelvio would have been way cheaper and easier.

Quota customizing - is a special kind of fever, that i could avoid in my life so far. My bike hording disease does not allow me budget, time and focus to go on this amazing trip.

You read, if you like to try bit Quota Madness - my only advice is - go shopping for good Quota 1000 or a 1100ES, with all possible upgrades done by the previous owners. It will probably save you a lot - time and money. Have fun !

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 2Stroke-Racing said:

save you a lot - time and money. Have fun !

Time is what I have the least amount of.....:wacko:

28 minutes ago, p6x said:

Time is what I have the least amount of.....:wacko:

you will need time to find a good bike and spare parts today 

rumours say they made from 1992-2001:

983 bikes Quota 1000 (Mandello)

889 bikes Quota 1100 ES (Monza factory?)

registered in Germany 2017 (notorious market for BMW GS contenders):

29 - 1000

83 - 1100ES

prices still very low - but hard to get a bike offered

very good information here:

Quota | guzzi-quota (arnes.si)

Quota - Moto Guzzi - Topics - Gregory Bender (thisoldtractor.com)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On my Quota I only installed progressive springs in forks & Mitas knobblies & travelled from the tops of the Atlas mountains & thru the sands of the Sahara & crushed an amazing GS into surrender on the Saharan sands

There’s nowhere I wouldn’t go on a Quota

I’m not in love with it like my Scura R - but I sure as hell admirably RESPECT it! 

This is the 1000 but the 1100es will do this equally well - (ahem) follow me Stelvio… 😊 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ScuRoo said:

This is the 1000 but the 1100es will do this equally well - (ahem) follow me Stelvio… 😊 

I have leisurely searched the usual places, and for some strange reason, I only found QUOTA for sale on that "smartcycleguide" which each time I have attempted to use, including back in 2020 when I was looking for a Le Mans, absolutely nobody ever answered.

There are like six QUOTA for sale on it, but some of them have the wrong listing name, or the wrong photos, making me think it is not a reliable source.

I found several of those with a location in the same town in UTAH. Which is too big of a coincidence to be ignored.

The only one that seemed legit was the one on Facebook. However when I made my inquiry, the guy did not answer, and when I checked, he had changed the listing to "pending".

Someone with a little bit of education may have replied telling me that the bike was spoken for, but not labelled as such. But you can read the body language in the narrative. This the kind of guy that may shoot me for ringing his door bell.

Thank god, I don't like the color! not a big loss; but at 3,250 USD, plus the bike is in Texas....

Moto Guzzi Quota Facebook

22 hours ago, audiomick said:

Yeah, there are some ads that one is not really motivated to answer, aren't there. :)

Bummer! the guy finally answered to tell me someone was flying from Seattle to drive it home this week-end.

It all makes sense now; someone just said "I take it", so the seller was not really motivated to answer my silly questions, until I really insisted.

One thing to bear in mind P6X is that the Stelvio, particularly the NTX version which has the larger 8.5 gallon gas tank aside from being heavier, will also be a lot more top heavy.  Maneuvering it around will require more strength/caution than the V11.   But both the Norge and the Stelvio have great carrying capacity and are fantastic for long distance journeys.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2023 at 4:59 PM, PJPR01 said:

One thing to bear in mind P6X is that the Stelvio, particularly the NTX version which has the larger 8.5 gallon gas tank aside from being heavier, will also be a lot more top heavy.  Maneuvering it around will require more strength/caution than the V11.   But both the Norge and the Stelvio have great carrying capacity and are fantastic for long distance journeys.

I am aware of that fact; this is one of the reason I thought the QUOTA would have been ideal, however ultimately, its autonomy was about the same as the Le Mans.

There is a Stelvio in Conroe, but it is a 2009 model. It only has 4000 miles. The owner explained to me that he purchased it about four months ago, but realized that he was a BMW GS more than a Stelvio Guzzi guy.

I asked him about the roller tappets and he said he has no clue if this was done or not. It has the smaller tank, he wants 7500 for it. He also has the crash bars which are not installed.

The bike looks like new, he is not the first owner. He is on vacation at present, but he offered me to come to check it. The color is fine, but the distribution enigma is a show stopper. I don't want to go there, take out the top cover, and find out that it needs to be overhauled. He did not know about it before, I don't want to be the one bringing the bad news, and I don't want to purchase a bike that needs to be modified. That, and the CARC requires a look into.

I can't go there and tell the guy that his bike is more in the $5,500 range than the $7,500; he seemed nice.

2009 Stelvio for Sale in Conroe Tx

• Like 1