V100 Mandello S

Tomchri

Wow! Very lucky!

Looks like the Mandello is stable at high speeds,lol  :notworthy:

Kissing the pavement & buying a few lottery tickets might be in order  :D

Beautiful country you're riding in :grin:

I don't have to dodge ice blocks here, deer & wild turkeys are my biggest dangers.

:rasta:

• Thanks 1

Bad luck re the mudguard but coulda been a lot worse eh.

Reckon you did dodge a bullet though!

Interesting that you reckon the V11 is a more sporty ride though as other reviews ( admittedly not read a lot ) say the Mandello is a sporty ride?

Cheers Mate and sounds like IPA time (medicinal to steady the nerves !!)

• Haha 1

Fantastic looking bike, and the next few years of other models based upon this platform is going to be very interesting to see!  B)

Sorry to hear about your mishap, but good news that it was only some damage to replaceable plastics.  And it's good to hear that MG has spares already available! 

That's a big difference from 2002 when I first bought my Lemans and MG North America and my dealer had a hard time getting anything...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, it's a Guzzi for sure.  1740km now, l think Guzzi did well. Bet they are busy down there producing, GOOD  :mg:.  She sounds like a Guzzi in the lower rpm, after that more like a Lambo says my friends. And she is not hard to ask taking on the curbs, ( feels like a 500ccm) actually nothing but curbs around here, good for tire wear.  - l do start her a lot in 1 gear, saving the drive train a bit.  She has been better,  still a little mule kick engaging 1. Tire pressure sensors shows red warnings, whatever l try. Who put the gear lever on, moved it 1 spline up out from the gear box. Dealer on monday first service. 

Had a good ride yesterday on my Nero Corsa, let me try to explain in eeenglish. I know l said riding faster with the V11,  that's correct.  Some times checking the speed is adviseable. Riding position, and the V enjoyable V11 engine in the 5-7000,,, drugs for sure. Yeah if 1 bike, the look and and ++.   

Riding position on the Mandello is realy good for a grown up prosthesis beaten up guy. 

Cheers Tom. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

4 hours ago, mikev said:

came across this interesting video on the v100, new owner review after 500 miles

Thanks, good to know about the tire pressure issue, not only my bike then.

Cheers Tom.

• Thanks 1

Good find on the video, that's my friend Ben's new V100 here in Houston out with a couple of other riders in our group on BMW's, anniversary edition R90T and the new GS1250 water cooled.  The new V100 is a lovely bike indeed.  I'm hoping he'll let me ride it on our next outing!

A pic of the old vs. the new!

IMG_7476.jpeg

IMG_7479.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tomchri said:

the tire pressure issue, not only my bike then.

No, it's not. Several people have mentioned that on the german forum I'm active in. I gather the front can regularly take a little time to connect. The rear is apparently better, but can also be sluggish. :huh2:

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another photo recently published by a UK V100 owner of paint flaking off the crankcase and discovered after only one week of ownership... There has been many reports online of this happening, mostly on euro bikes.

Early production teething pain? What is Piaggio to do about it? :wacko:

F535EE0A-3AFB-40F0-8407-BD04980AB82C.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

The French journal that published the test drive that I reported recently said the Moto Guzzi decal on the tank was coming off too.

Paint coming away could indicate a poor preparation of the surface before the job.

Let's hope that Piaggio has a QA/QC department, as it should, and will remedy at the manufacturing level wherever that is.

• 2 months later...

MotoBob: "I've also got Tim with me today who is a serial Moto Guzzi owner. How many have you had now?

Tim: "Three"

MotoBob: "Ahh... fair enough."

Actual MotoGuzzi serial owner: "I have more that in the garage right now, and I'd really have to stop and think about how many total. Let's see... my first one was..."

However, a nice review. And to be fair, guest reviewer Tim is a young man who has already had three Moto Guzzis. It's great to see that Moto Guzzi is really captivating some younger riders. The S model with Ohlins seems like it would be the way to go. And I imagine a Mistral or Zard can would make it sound lovely.

• Like 2

cost. cost cost.... I was at the Suzuki store and that new all tarted up 800 Adv bike VStrom was better than $13k.  The 1050 is more than $17k.  

If you want a V100, Don at Motiv in OKC has the White one and the Special Edition Nautical.  He sold the green one.  The cost gap is narrowing between the Euro and Japanese bikes, although Beemmer and KTM are a little higher.   Personally, I don't do any two-up riding and wouldn't need a electronic controlled suspension and enjoy traditional riding by playing with the clutch and blipping the throttle and don't need a qs.  My guess if you're enjoying at 25 years old Guzzi, it may not matter here either.   If you want it, it's available and certainly cheaper than adding later, service and maintenance TBD. 

I liked riding the bike.  Since I have the Ducati, I can't see purchasing one, although the cruise would be nice. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LowRyter said:

My guess if you're enjoying at 25 years old Guzzi, it may not matter here either.

Exactly!

I don't know if it is because I am old(er), but the modern bikes/cars don't do it for me.

• Thanks 1