Show your very first bike - Nostalgia...

5 hours ago, Speedfrog said:

Something like this Bill?

E1D04C97-4941-4F20-9886-2D69162BF5C7.jpeg

Greener than blue, but the model is correct, with the twin discs... quicker revving than the bigger airhead boxers,  black valve covers and silver "snowflake" wheels. Fun machine. Since I basically started out with a shaft drive opposed twin, the torque twist is natural to me and I adjust to it and counter steer even when I'm on a "traditional" chain drive!🙃

• Like 2

Wow, you guys had very nice 1st bikes...mine was a '65 Yamaha YA6 basket case.  I don't know if I have any pics, I'll look.

First licenced street bike at 16 was a souped up 100ccm Zundapp. Sailor for a while, and a new Suzuki 500. Along comes 750 Kawasaki H2, very simple had to be had. First Le Mans ll in 84.
As younger multiple bush bikes ripped of everything not needed. Tempo, Villiers, NSU, Royal Enfield. Almost for free those days.
Cheers Tom. 455699df0e836cca6a2f223b0aec4726.jpg596576eb96a4617971582d2bb2c7af90.jpg5812fe3a6c873724a010f12d2614d18c.jpg

Sent fra min SM-S906B via Tapatalk

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Ecco questa è stata la mia prima “moto”!!!

5bb0b62d59576-20180714-181558.jpeg

(representative pic)

5bb0b62d59576-20180714-181445.jpeg

sono immagini di repertorio trovate sul web ma il mio è esattamente così si tratta di un Cimatti bat baby del 1973. L’ho guidato per la prima volta all’età di 5 anni…era fantastico!!!

Il motore che monta, è il classico Franco Morini della serie S 5 (esse cinque), monomarcia con frizione automatica in bagno d'olio.

É ancora in mio possesso ma necessita di un restauro. Allo stato mi manca lo schienale ed il “db killer” 🤣🤣🤣

This was my first “motorcycle”!!!
they are archive images found on the web but mine is exactly like this it is a 1973 Cimatti bat baby.
 I drove it for the first time at the age of 5…it was fantastic!!!

The engine it mounts is the classic Franco Morini of the S 5 series (these five), single speed with automatic clutch in oil bath.

It is still in my possession but needs restoration. Currently I miss the backrest and the "dbkiller" 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Tomchri said:

... 750 Kawasaki H2, very simple had to be had...

Obviously. Those things were enormous amounts of fun. One mate had a 750 for a while, another had a 350.

I actually owned a 250, complete but not running, and a not quite complete 400 basket case. Never got them running though, unfortunately. I moved to Germany instead, and passed them both on to the mate with the 350. :)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I loved the old monoshock DT Yammies back in the day!

It was a toss up a blue DT250 or a purple XL250S!

The 4 stroke Honda won out but if I'd stayed in NZ and not gone gallavanting round the world.... I think a DT400 would have been next!

Cheers  

• Like 2

Heh he

I remember an ole mate from school dropping round to show me his new to him H1 500....

It was an early one like Footgoose's too.

This would've been in the late seventies but I can clearly remember the NOISE the blue 2 stroke haze and ole mate disappearing up the street at a RAPID rate o knots!

As the beach was about 300 metres away he quickly learned about the Kwak's brakes or lack of them....

He did get it stopped in time and the sound of him howling off down Marine Parade could be heard for bloody ages!

Ah another wee trip down memory lane!

Cheers 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, guzzler said:

the NOISE

Those things sounded crazy. All of them, regardless of the engine capacity. Fantastic. :)

Over the years I did a lot of work for one particular event technology hire company here in Germany. One of the founders rode motorcycles, and had a Kawasaki 750 triple. He managed to claim it on his tax return for a very long time as a "musical instrument". :grin:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, audiomick said:

Those things sounded crazy. All of them, regardless of the engine capacity. Fantastic. :)

Over the years I did a lot of work for one particular event technology hire company here in Germany. One of the founders rode motorcycles, and had a Kawasaki 750 triple. He managed to claim it on his tax return for a very long time as a "musical instrument". :grin:

Brilliant......

• Like 1