This morning, I was driving the v11 to work I had a close encounter with a moose.  I was stopped at a light behind a truck pulling a landscaping trailer behind a long line of cars.  Saw a moose heading toward me down the street on other side of the road about 75 yards away.  I had left some space between me and the trailer to locate the numerous pot holes in that stretch of road.  Once it passed the truck and trailer it veered into the space I left  in front of me.  At this point I'm thinking remaining motionless is my best strategy.  It got within 4-5 feet of me and went across road into the field and took off.  I could hear its breath and smell it as it went by.  Sorry it happened too fast to get a picture!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2
22 minutes ago, p6x said:

I noticed that riding a Moto Guzzi often has that effect on people. Now we can add animals too....

Big, smelly people come around the Guzzi breathing heavily. True, this NEVER happens on my Honda . . . :whistle:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
On 5/9/2023 at 3:29 PM, docc said:

Big, smelly people come around the Guzzi breathing heavily. True, this NEVER happens on my Honda . . . :whistle:

Strange...

My experience, insofar, is individuals stopping their truck and parking to admire the gem and speaking to the owner. Rolling down the window to tell me they love the bike. Youngsters with pilioned girl friend on a 300 cc bike crossing roads and railways to talk to me.

What I am missing are the 30 years old ladies getting an interest.... YET!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5