Potential mid-season Spine RAID in VA for next year [2024].

Randy

I'm exploring the possibility of holding a Spine Raid in VA next year the weekend after the 4th of July 2024. I'm still looking at locations but this one is a good possibility: 

https://www.breakspark.com/the-lodge

I've also roughed out a 5 hour ride for Saturday. May possibly add a side route that takes us up to Burkes Garden.

Other possibilities are the Tazewell and Wytheville areas but there doesn't seem to be anything other than hotels for lodging.

Buchanan County ⇄ Corner.gpx

• Like 4

Randy, it’s hard to replicate the perfect location & accommodations of The Lodge at Tellico. A garage isn’t necessary but seems to be a piece of the Spine Raid puzzle. B)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Joe said:

Randy, it’s hard to replicate the perfect location & accommodations of The Lodge at Tellico. A garage isn’t necessary but seems to be a piece of the Spine Raid puzzle. B)

The garage is probably even harder to find than a nice place to stay :(

• Like 3

Randy, I’m 100% behind your decision, roads look amazing in every direction. :bike: :helmet:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, docc said:

There is something very V11-ish about this . . .  B)

Yurt.jpg?format=750w

Thinking outside the box,  Docc :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I 2nd to the looks of great riding close by, have never focused on this part of SW VA.

I would note that if they are still trucking coal on those roads it can make for a miserable day, dusty, slow and hot.  However, I imagine most of that area has stopped mining coal by now.

Following....

• Like 1

• docc changed the title to Potential mid-season Spine RAID in VA for next year [2024].
  • 1 month later...

One year's notice should be adequate. :mg:  :race:   :luigi:    :bier:

As long as we keep this Virginia SpineRaid "idea" alive . . .

• Like 1

According to the community map, there are 35 members in the Melbourne Greater Metropolitan Area (two of them on the Penninsula...), one in the boonies up near Benalla, and 3 somewhere near Elmore. :huh2:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, guzzler said:

Geez

A spine raid here would be a party of one.....

Bugger

2 hours ago, audiomick said:

According to the community map, there are 35 members in the Melbourne Greater Metropolitan Area (two of them on the Penninsula...), one in the boonies up near Benalla, and 3 somewhere near Elmore. :huh2:

Is it still a SpineRaid if two guys meet up in their four wheel drive rigs, talk up V11s, and swap special parts over dinner?

IMG_0070.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, docc said:

Is it still a SpineRaid if two guys meet up in their four wheel drive rigs, talk up V11s, and swap special parts over dinner?

IMG_0070.jpg

Docc, time for a mid-summer Spine Raid? Maybe in Michigan? (Shout out Skip)

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Joe said:

Docc, time for a mid-summer Spine Raid? Maybe in Michigan? (Shout out Skip)

My ears are ringing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, docc said:

IMG_0070.jpg

POV

• Like 1

21 hours ago, audiomick said:

Actually I forgot about ole mate with the greenie from Wonthaggi....But that doesn't get ridden a lot from what I gather.

Only other was a Tenni when I was able to get to a few club meetings but that's been sold and disappeared.

Hens teeth and rocking horse droppings seem to be more prevalent...

But I'll keep the V11 flag flyin....!

Cheers 

Ps if there are more about they ain't out on the road and hate to think of them couped up in sheds not being ridden!

• Like 2