When (good) luck has you have your Quota!

p6x

I have been loosely considering the purchase of a Stelvio to supplement the Le Mans when necessary. Although it seems less now than it used to be. However in 2021 and 2022, I have experienced some issues that impaired my planned rides.

Anyway, there is a Stelvio thread, and I discovered the QUOTA 1000, and 1100 ES; decided to switch my interest to that instead.

Would you believe that I found two QUOTA for sale, both based in Texas, both sold moments before I could get to them....

Talking about bad luck....

The second one was ideal, because red! but as soon as I contacted the seller, she said the bike had already sold, and switched the "Available" for SOLD!

Moto Guzzi Quota FacebookMoto Guzzi Quota red for sale

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, p6x said:

I have been loosely considering the purchase of a Stelvio to supplement the Le Mans when necessary. Although it seems less now than it used to be. However in 2021 and 2022, I have experienced some issues that impaired my planned rides.

Anyway, there is a Stelvio thread, and I discovered the QUOTA 1000, and 1100 ES; decided to switch my interest to that instead.

Would you believe that I found two QUOTA for sale, both based in Texas, both sold moments before I could get to them....

Talking about bad luck....

The second one was ideal, because red! but as soon as I contacted the seller, she said the bike had already sold, and switched the "Available" for SOLD!

Moto Guzzi Quota FacebookMoto Guzzi Quota red for sale

Didn't the Quota's run different fueling than the V11 Sports? What was the horsepower? Upright seating position has to be more comfortable than the V11 Sport/Lemans.B)

17 minutes ago, Joe said:

Didn't the Quota's run different fueling than the V11 Sports? What was the horsepower? Upright seating position has to be more comfortable than the V11 Sport/Lemans.B)

Several well informed posts by @2Stroke-Racing on this thread:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Joe said:

The key to the QUOTA fueling, although not without hiccups initially, is that it did not have to satisfy to the European Emission rules, that were enacted in 2000.

70 HP and 85 Nm of torque.

That is for the 1100 ES; the 1000 was 71 HP and 81 Nm of torque. Not much of a difference;

I have read a lot of material about the QUOTA, and it seemed to have suffered from the same illness as many EFI Guzzi. Unrefined EFI in its first iteration, but with quick remedy from the aficionados.

The V11 Le Mans is extremely comfortable, if you ride it like I do. I lean on the tank, and I use my knees to support my arms. The windscreen preserves me from wind noise. I also use my left hand to support my helmet, so my neck muscles are not solicited that much. There is one exception to that idealistic description. The legs; the foot pegs are too high. Longer legged individuals will feel it quickly. There is nothing you can do to alleviate it.

Today I went to check the RE Himalayan, but this is not a bike that can strive in Texas. With a top speed of 70 mph, which basically the minimum speed people drive on highways here, it would be unsafe.

Yes, that QUOTA would have been ideal.

• Like 2

How about the V85 TT? It seems that it would have all the attributes of the Quota but in a more modern and reliable version. It's been reported to satisfy a lot of owners/riders out there.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Speedfrog said:

How about the V85 TT? It seems that it would have all the attributes of the Quota but in a more modern and reliable version. It's been reported to satisfy a lot of owners/riders out there.

I agree with you. However, it is too modern for my taste.

I like old machinery; even if its not helping in the reliability department. I am still too sore to have missed on those two QUOTA to think about anything else.

• Sad 1

On 5/23/2023 at 4:35 PM, KINDOY2 said:

FYI

I'VE BEEN SEEING THIS ADD SINCE LAST SUMMER......

https://boise.craigslist.org/mcy/d/boise-2000-moto-guzzi-quota-1100es/7622181978.html

The listing says 11 days old, but you never know.

Boise is just around the corner from Houston (:D); who's never dreamed to do a 1850 miles trip on a QUOTA?

Let's see if someone answers.

• Like 1

AT least its good weather this time of year and that would be some pretty nice country...:bike:

• Like 1

I am flying to Boise tomorrow to check the bike out!!!!

I am completely psyched and all "gaga"....

Thanks @KINDOY2 for bringing it to my attention!!!

If I purchase it, I will let it there until I can ride it back home. This is going to be so much fun.... 1850 miles on a Guzzi....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1