2023 Oregon Vintage Motorcyclists Show in Corvallis

43rd Annual Show, and always dear in my heart as it was the first time I saw a Greenie in person and I haven't been so insufferable since. :D

DzDWK5J.jpg

kFkR8HW.jpg

Much to the consternation of the president of the club I park my bike on the field but don't register it so it can get voted on. I just do it because I can keep an eye on it. :P

zGsehhK.jpg

5fZnyLK.jpg

09npZ66.jpgxHu2Ku3.jpg9k7RVh9.jpg

Pit stop on the way home. Also because the green looks fabulous in the sun.

6qMRLim.jpgHKsN3MD.jpg

• Like 10

Ha ha

They do look good in the sun don't they....!

I get quite a few WOW that looks great... is it a standard paint job?

When I tell them it is they look incredulous!

Cheers 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Chip Seal said:

Great seeing you at the Show, Dave. Thanks for taking photo of my gray V11S!

Worth repeating: The @Chip Seal-Mobile (with Titanium cans!) . . .

5fZnyLK.jpg

• Like 5

On 5/24/2023 at 4:52 PM, docc said:

Worth repeating: The @Chip Seal-Mobile (with Titanium cans!) . . .

5fZnyLK.jpg

The prior owner bought it in 2002. It had 2000 miles on it. He had until Jan 2021. He [PO] lived in my neighborhood. I knew him from 2000 or so. He moved up to Albany OR. Asked if I would like to ride it the 40 miles to his new home. Yeah, twist my arm! Year later he advertised it for sale. I called him up and said I would be happy to buy it. I just gave him his asking price. He took very good care of it. I have all the paperwork from original owner [it was shipped out from Michigan], maintenance records and receipts for accessories. Also received two totes of original parts, extras, Guzziology and factory manual. 

Ten years ago, I fell off my GS. Part of my recovery was 10000 minimum steps per diem. Walked by PO's house. He asked if I had ridden anything lately. He rolled a cherry 1990 first year HD Fatboy. He insisted I take all the time I wanted on it. That ride cheered me up incredibly. Went out and picked up a Suzuki DR650 to get back in the game. 

• Like 5