Battery basket drop

docc

True to the purpose of a "SpineRaid ", this recent Kentucky gathering gave ample opportunity for direct comparisons.

This V11 showed signs of the seat riding on/ compressing the battery (never good!). Check, also, for signs that your battery hold-down strap is being compressed or cut into . . .

IMG_9816.jpg

The "Battery Basket Drop" (moving the front mounting tabs beneath the subframe) alleviates this. The height difference change is substantial. Some V11 require a little rounding/reshaping of the tabs. It also occurs to me that a lowered battery makes the terminals a bit easier to get to.

IMG_9815.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Thanks docc. I've had that recommended to me as a "must do".

From the same person came the recommendation, while one is messing around in the general area, to put a thickish washer under the tab at the back of the tank. The purpose of this is to provide a little more clearance between the tank and the sidecovers. Apparently there can be contact there, with associated wear and tear on the expensive plastic bits.

I haven't done either of those things yet, but a closer look at the bike confirmed that both would seem to be a good idea.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Interesting!  I had noticed wear on my seat pan so I "trimmed"  (2each   0.375" holes) accordingly to alleviate pressure on the L-bracket post on my Odyssey.  I did not notice any wear on the battery strap/seat pan area but will now double check it and give consideration to lowering the battery basket. Thanks!

Art

• Like 2