TPS Throttle Position Sensor

docc

47 minutes ago, docc said:

Nothing compatible there. And they don't look to be "AMP" connectors. 

Corsa Technic may be.

Cheers Tom.

• Thanks 1

Sorry if wrong post, who said interweb is easy. [mod edit:post moved.]
Cheers Tom. 06f05810d8239b4b07102746aff42178.jpg

Sent fra min SM-S906B via Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Tomchri said:

Corsa Technic may be.

Cheers Tom.

Closer, but not seeing the seals there, either. Surely the seals must be available . . .

Yes, @Tomchri, our connectors look like this (seal colors vary):

SKU109039-3-1253580.jpg

10 hours ago, cowtownchemist said:

...the (Caig) fader series.... I will start using this on my vintage audio restoration projects!

Good plan, I think. The German supplier I got the Caig products that I bought recently from is called "the Tube Amp Doctor". 'nuff said, I reckon. :)

4 minutes ago, audiomick said:

Try searching "AMP Superseal".

There you go, that looks like us!

Lots of the individual wire seals available, but nothing for the interconnector seal?

https://www.digikey.com/en/product-highlight/t/te-connectivity-amp/amp-superseal-ip67-connectors

• Like 1

12 hours ago, audiomick said:

Same as the faders and pots on audio equipment. Sooner or later a point is reached where they are just worn out, and must be replaced. :huh2:

For those wishing to have a go at rejuvenating a tiring TPS, this would be the appropriate Caig product, I believe:

https://caig.com/fader-f-series/

That is, according to the blurb, specifically formulated for exactly that application, i.e. cleaning the contacts in a pot or fader. I would be very reluctant to put the D-series oder G-series contact cleaner in a pot. I'd be afraid it might just eat away the contact strip.

Caig also offers a grease that looks like it should be suitable for the application

https://caig.com/deoxit-grease-landing/

11 hours ago, cowtownchemist said:

Thanks for the link on the fader series.  I didn't know Caig made this product.  I will start using this on my vintage audio restoration projects!

3 minutes ago, audiomick said:

Good plan, I think. The German supplier I got the Caig products that I bought recently from is called "the Tube Amp Doctor". 'nuff said, I reckon. :)

Dang, y'all . . .

Got me hopping on thread drift and scatter . . .

(Looking to split the TPS content from this air bypass thread to its own topic.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, docc said:

Dang, y'all . . .

Got me hopping on thread drift and scatter . . .

Possible to by 22 complete he and she connectors for 16$ :rasta: just in case another one follow you home.

Cheers Tom

22 hours ago, docc said:

It's there to makes us nuts. :blink: At least we'll have a reason. Some people are nuts and nobody knows why . . .

When this was discussed before, I put a little silicone across there to keep water out. Pretty sure it just makes the TPS harder to adjust and any water that gets in there will just cook out at operating temperature. The TPS is not open under there, so is not exposed and cannot be sprayed with cleaner or DeOxit.

I did put some corrosion inhibitor on the upper throttle body shaft and its retainer at the last TPS change.

I posed the TPS gap question to a friend of my brother who was a Guzzi dealer / Guzzi Race team owner in the 90s and early 2000s (now vintage car builder/racer), and here is his reply:

"🤣 Marelli FI if l remember.  

Lowest cost supplier….

Design change of the sensor or throttle body or both….

Both are sealed for water intrusion by design. Air for TB. Water for electrical connection on the Tps. 

could always tape off and insert some black RTV. "

Was hoping his input might be a bit more enlightening, like "adds more air for intake by design", but seems to confirm what you were all thinking - just not one of Guzzi's better moments in parts supply integration...

Mareli FI if l remember.  

Lowest cost supplier….

Design change of the sensor or throttle body or both….

Both are sealed for water intrusion by design. Air for TB. Water for electrical connection on the Tps. 

could always tape off and insert some black RTV. 
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, docc said:

Closer, but not seeing the seals there, either. Surely the seals must be available . . .

Yes, @Tomchri, our connectors look like this (seal colors vary):

SKU109039-3-1253580.jpg

FWIW, if you are looking for connector parts try Greg Bender at This Old Tractor.

https://www.thisoldtractor.com/for_sale_wiring_harness_tonti_california_iii.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, guzziart said:

FWIW, if you are looking for connector parts try Greg Bender at This Old Tractor.

https://www.thisoldtractor.com/for_sale_wiring_harness_tonti_california_iii.html

What a great resource, especially for older Guzzis! There is one set of AMP SuperSeal cables shown.

No assortment of seals, though . . .