TPS Throttle Position Sensor

docc

21 hours ago, docc said:

No assortment of seals, though . . .

Yeah, at least not posted.....contact Greg at TOT to inquire about pieces/parts, I've done it for other oddball electrical stuff for my Eldo & LMIVSE.  He's the owner/proprieter/manufacturer of custom motocycle wiring and is a well respected down-to-earth knowledgeable easy to talk to nice guy.

Art

• Thanks 2

I found nothing either . IDK if the Weatherhead connectors (GM) sell this seal and if it is close enough to interchange and use. If , not , you will just have to buy the connector and use the seal .

• Like 2

Pretty crazy the AMP SuperSeal connectors cannot be resealed. 

My new method is the slide the seal off for the Caig DeOxit business, then dry the surfaces off and reinstall the seal.

Just need new seals to replace the ones I have swelled and torn . . . :blush:

I looked through my box of connectors I gleaned from wiring harnesses through the years and found one Metri-pack that I think you can use the seal . If you want it , I can send it to you ?

9 minutes ago, gstallons said:

I looked through my box of connectors I gleaned from wiring harnesses through the years and found one Metri-pack that I think you can use the seal . If you want it , I can send it to you ?

Bring it to the Nineteenth South'n Spine Raid ! :mg::luigi::race::drink:

• Like 1

Is this a form of extortion / kidnapping ? I don't remember us putting the finishing touches on your bike and comparing the Guzzidiag to a TPS reading ?  BTW , the SnapOn  scanner has a 4 channel scope too !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think I have found a source for the TPS connector seals . www.customconnectorkits.com  

Look through til you see the AMP section. I hope this will work w/the price WAY less than $5.00 ea.

24 minutes ago, gstallons said:

I think I have found a source for the TPS connector seals . www.customconnectorkits.com  

Look through til you see the AMP section. I hope this will work w/the price WAY less than $5.00 ea.

Getting closer!

Odd, the individual wire seals are available, but still looking for the connector seals . . .

https://store-x2go4.mybigcommerce.com/content/Catalogs/TE AMP SuperSeal 1.5 Catalog.pdf

10 hours ago, gstallons said:

TE Connectivity 282087-1 AMP Superseal 3 Position Plug Housing | Waytek (waytekwire.com)

Eureka ! 

And you will not break the bank with this price . I purchase a lot from this place . They sell quality parts .

Very cool! Thanks, @gstallons! :thumbsup:

Even paying a few bucks for a new connector to get the seal could be well worth it. After treating all of the harness connectors under the tank with Caig DeOxit, the bike would not start. Taking the tank back off :angry2:, I found one of the large connectors reluctant to go back together (from :notworthy:@PJPR01's post, now I know why!).

Used a carpenter's clamp to reseat the connector and zip-tied. Yes, I would like the replace that seal, as well . . .

IMG_2791.JPG

• Like 4