TPS Throttle Position Sensor

docc

13 minutes ago, docc said:

As always, I just just be more patient before making the order for parts.  :notworthy:  @Speedfrog will nail it down!

It was just pure luck and none of it would be possible without Google... But it also wouldn't be a proper Guzzi forum if we weren't chasing the cheapest prices available (Guzzi content)... :mg:

Although at 99¢ a piece you're gonna have to order 26 units to get free shipping, just saying...

I'll send you a self addressed envelope if you end up with a couple of extra ones... :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, the six I got from EFIconnection shipped for $24US. Six (with the grey connector) from customconnectorkits would be $16. 

More SpineRaid swag . . .

"Get There. Bring Tools."

( and parts )

~ Y'all come, now! Ya hear? ~

Where would our San Fransisco and vicinity crowd do a "SpineRaid?"

Modesto? Sonoma? Sonora? Mariposa?

13 hours ago, docc said:

Then there is this . . .

From that same source the 12162281 black connector is $3.55 each, the grey 12162280  is 99¢ . . .

We're only after the seal. Get the grey!

https://www.customconnectorkits.com/12162280/

You stole my thunder , Docc . The connector(s) I recommended were so a person could use the seal and toss the rest .

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Having now ridden well over 1,000 miles on my bike since acquiring it, but still have yet to set the TPS. I'm wondering what will be different once completed.

The bike starts and idles appropriately, even my mpg is acceptable. My only fueling complaint is harshness of throttle. Once a gear is selected and I open the clutch, it grabs too harsh. To avoid this, I sometimes go up two gears then open the clutch.

May be no difference, just knowing where it's set.  Does she she need a second coming back to idle ? Inspect trottle wire, specialy where it's connected to the trottle body. Seems the bracket can be bendt a little releaving some strees for the fine wire.

Cheers Tom.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Tomchri said:

May be no difference, just knowing where it's set.  Does she she need a second coming back to idle ? Inspect trottle wire, specialy where it's connected to the trottle body. Seems the bracket can be bendt a little releaving some strees for the fine wire.

Cheers Tom.

Yes, the angle of the throttle cable to the bell crank can be problematic and even fray/break strands of the cable. Simple to inspect and correct:

DSCN3822_1.jpg

DSCN3851.jpg

DSCN3853.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The very first guzzi tune up & fueling balance I ever did,was on my CX100.

That bike has a "country clutch";the clutch grabbiness on that bike decreased immensely,after the fueling was balanced.

Just a WAG,but if your basic tune & balance is way off; it probably adds to the grabbinesss.

The prospect of some of the finer details can be intimidating, but tuning these guzzis so they're running sweet, is one of life's greatest pleasures.

fwiw ymmv

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1