What if Guzzi did a V4? dream? it has been done before; have you heard about Motus?

14 minutes ago, LaGrasta said:

Hmm, I seemed to have forgot, my very first street bike was a V4, 1985 Honda Interceptor 500. That bike was terrific!

Lovely bike...a friend had a 1000 Interceptor also back in 1985/86 that he let me ride often enough while I was at the university.  I've often thought about finding one again...that bike was intoxicating, smooth and far too fast!  Ripping around the streets of La Jolla and surrounding San Diego towns on it was amazing!

• Like 2

Ah, yes, the Honda VFR 750 F

The "Ice Queen" :mellow:

IMG_4415.jpg

So much like the V11 Sport on paper (tires, size, weight, power, purpose). Such different ladies "on the dance floor" . . .

Ms. Vanilla had to go . . .

I went to balance her carbs once and heard her say, "Don't touch me ." :wacko:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 5/26/2023 at 10:18 AM, p6x said:

I drove a Kawasaki KZ1300 back in the 80's; you remember? the 6 cylinder water cooled shaft driven.... 710 lbs it was truly a heavy bike. However the music coming from the engine helps you forget the weight.

Mate in this day and age of gold wings and  bloated cruisers it doesn't seem as bad as it was back in the day...

I reckon they still look pretty good too!

Cheers 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, guzzler said:

...in this day and age of gold wings and  bloated cruisers it doesn't seem as bad as it was back in the day...

Hang on, a Z 1300 was never bad. I fell in love with it the first time I saw one. That was about 1985. :grin:

At the time, the "around Australia" record set by Ross Atkin in 1982 was current

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_records_for_fastest_motorcycle_ride_around_Australia

In the other direction, I was at a motorcycle rally one time, and there was the obligatiory "slow race", i.e. the winner is the last over the line. It was held over about 50 yards in a clearing in the bush. The bloke who won it was on a Z1300. I was impressed. Massively. B)

Everyone wants to say the V11 is heavy. Depends, I guess. My first liter bike was a first-year GoldWing. I pared it down to a sport-tour trim. Not to the degree shown below, but that big valve, big carb, hot cam, first year motor was a rippin' delight!

At 650 pounds it makes the V11 Sport a comparative lightweight . . .

7f07db4b9302ec4c663b367396c0a761.jpg&f=1

• Like 4

Ha ha 

I meant the weight, everyone carried on about the weight back in the day!

I also knew a bloke with one back in the eighties who was pretty impressed with it and saw one locally not so long ago.

Thought to myself, gee they still look pretty good too.

Cheers 

2 minutes ago, guzzler said:

Ha ha 

I meant the weight, everyone carried on about the weight back in the day!

I also knew a bloke with one back in the eighties who was pretty impressed with it and saw one locally not so long ago.

Thought to myself, gee they still look pretty good too.

Cheers 

Well, at 650 pounds, the first year 1975 "muscle bike" (no fairing, no luggage, yet ) was as light as a GoldWing ever was . . .

Bloody hell Doc

Thats the best looking Gold Wing custom I've seen!

These were also a good looking bike as standard.

Cheers 

Ps My GPZ 900 was 225 Kg's and my GSXR11 was 200 kg's so the V11 isn't all that heavy unless compared to todays lightweight 175-190kg bicycles....

On 5/27/2023 at 6:48 PM, guzzler said:

Bloody hell Doc

Thats the best looking Gold Wing custom I've seen!

These were also a good looking bike as standard.

Cheers 

Ps My GPZ 900 was 225 Kg's and my GSXR11 was 200 kg's so the V11 isn't all that heavy unless compared to todays lightweight 175-190kg bicycles....

Agreed! That wasn't mine!

Let me get pic up of "Candy" . . .

After working the brakes and suspension, "superbike" bars and Corbin Gunfighter seat, she was just out of ground clearance. And still weighed 650 pounds. Yet, not at all what people think of as a "GoldWing."

Here we are, November 1999. Nine months later, my V11 Sport arrived.

IMG_9905.jpg

• Like 4

Yet, to the original post, "What if Guzzi did . . ."

I recall an AnimaGuzzista interview with Ing. Carcano. I am paraphrasing deeply, but when told how amazed and enamored we, as a community, are with his V-twin big-block over all of these decades, he said something like, "May be time to move on? Perhaps a three cylinder diesel ."

Now, that is thinking outside the box!  

• Confused 1
2 hours ago, docc said:

Here we are, November 1999. Nine months later, my V11 Sport arrived.

IMG_9905.jpg

Nine months later? There is a little twinkle in your eye. Don't need the details...

• Haha 5