Spine Frame Glossary

docc

An open source compilation of Spine Frame terminology . . . :nerd:

> Spine Frame : the series of big-block Moto Guzzi with the rectangular box-section frame member connecting the forks to the swingarm support plates. (Daytona, SPOrT 1100, 1100Sport-i, Centauro, V11 Sport/LeMans models 1999-2005/ all). Compare to "Loop Frame " and "Tonti Frame ." (Forget about all the other frames since) . . . :rolleyes:

> SpineRaid : A gathering of Spine Frame bikes/ riders/ aficionado for the purposes of comparison, note taking, sharing, and mutual enlightenment. :luigi:   :drink:

> Spinus Interuptus : Interrupting some-other-kind of gathering with your Spine Frame . Don't fall for their relays. Or the free candy. :huh:

> Spinendipity : Out for a ride on your Spine Frame and you happen upon another. Pure four-leaf-clover unicornism! :sun:

> Spinurbating : Having a delightful ride out on your Spine Frame alone, finding the experience ecstatic, yet embarrassingly difficult to mention in pubic. :blush:

> Spinelighting : "I wasn't out on the Spine Frame , dear. You must have left the refrigerator door open." :glare:

> Spinadeniability : "No, no, I wasn't out riding my Spine Frame . . . eh, the hillside avalanched; road flooded; there were elephants. No really, it wasn't that I wandered off on my Spine Frame and lost track of time, reveling in the joy of riding, and got to work/home late." :race:

* nope *

IMG_5230.jpg

• Like 8

Loved the spinendipity...

I bumped into another greenie not so long ago at a servo close to home none the less!

I've only ever seen one other,it was at my mechanics a few years ago and bugger me it's the same bike as at the servo...

There is Lucky Phil's and possibly one other greenie that a bloke in the Vic club had and sold but seems to have disappeared.

Bloody hell common as muck...

Cheers

Ps I've seen a red Lemans and another bloke in the club had a V11 Tenni but sold it and also disappeared. Almost forgot about the local Scura but that's gone to Qld.

Pps a spine raid here in Victoria might be a lonely affair!

• Like 1

Spine-oza : a monistic, metaphysical awareness that you, your V11, and the road are a singularity.

Apologies to Baruch Spinoza

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Spineazoic: the era of Moto Guzzi sport motorcycle evolution characterized by the successful adaptation of a skeletal mutation spawned by Dr. John Wittner. Further mutations saw the spine frame gradually evolve from thundering carbureted wild beasts to the partially domesticated V11. The V11 DNA proved inherently unstable, with the most notably unstable example being the "limited" edition Scura. As the spine lengthened and changed from red to black, excessive variations within model years made genealogical tracing virtually impossible, however, the LeMans gene was successfully reintroduced during this era. A phenomenological study of the V11 noted that long-lived green variants developed a hyperactive ego with narcissistic tendencies. The spineazoic era concluded with the advent of two significant mutations: reliable electronics and the cardano reattivo campato (CARC). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I've heard rumors that well known Guzzisti Guru,Dave Richardson,former owner of Moto International in Seattle Washington;the author of "Guzziology" & recently "My Life in Bikes", is working on a film documentary.

"Spineless in Seattle"

:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Spinachronism: individual characteristics of a motorcycle that, on a generic motorcycle, may be considered anything from "not quite state of the art" to "downright old-fashioned", but in harmonious combination result in an irresistable appeal.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, audiomick said:

Spinesaurus Rex: a V11 Le Mans with the motor mods that I would like to make, but will probably never be able to afford. :(

Yep, I fear the minister has put paid to any further aspirations in this regard too.....

• Sad 1

I should add that I've got the bike pretty much how I want it though so no biggie really!

But if ever the Tattslotto #'s come up....

There's a set of Alpina wire wheels for starters!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, audiomick said:

Spinisfaction: the feeling afterwards.

4 minutes ago, guzzler said:

I should add that I've got the bike pretty much how I want it though so no biggie really!

Spinisfaction! :sun:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, guzzler said:

Those Alpina wheels are about as common as dinosaur bones 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Spinetrepidation - akin to "Guzzichondria", the concern over having one's SpineFrame fit, roadworthy, and present for a proper SpineRaid .

IMG_2583.JPG.jpeg

• Like 2