Pipe modifications

Art

Hello everyone. Just signed up to this site and have already learned a lot. Thanks

This 2000 V11 is new to me and I'm going through the usual maintenance and repairs. I would also like to turn up the volume just a bit. This exhaust system is in perfect condition and I'm not going to buy anything new. I'm looking for ideas to modify. The pipes have plugs on the underside which I removed and got some nice crackly, snappin, open header sounds. But too loud. Maybe make some new plugs with smaller holes drilled in them? Maybe install valves to keep me and my neighbors happy? I've removed the muffler end and its all welded inside.

I'm also curious about the exhaust parts. It's all stamped Moto Guzzi, but does not look stock. The pipe has an unfamiliar gold/brown color. Would that be titanium or wishful thinking.

Art

IMG_5727 small copy1.jpg

• Like 1

Hi, @Art ! You're in the right place to enjoy your Sport! :mg:

Exhaust is stainless steel. Those are factory headers, but looks like the crossover is aftermarket (maybe Mistral?).

Those are not the canisters that came on the 2000 Sport, but pretty sure they are stock (LaFranchoni) cans from a later V11. If so, the carbon fiber is "wrap."

Here is a thread from early-on with some discussion:

• Like 1