MSG\01...When?

Guest chong-chong

Guest chong-chong

Any news on when the MSG\01 street legal version will be here in the states for purchase? I've read late 2004.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I've read.... "never" ^_^

....but who can believe what you read these days :rolleyes:

I guess we'll just have to see, but I've heard that the Corsa(race only) version will be delivered eventually, but the street version is dicey. I honestly have no real idea though, and only time will tell.

Maybe someone closer to the factory has heard something more concrete??

al

Guest j. ciccone

A dealer friend who was in Italy in May said he saw them finished at the factory, but on hold. He said they were redesigning the heads and that possibly there would be a early and later version. This was during the time the factory was closed due to Aprilia financial problems according to him. He said they would be '05 probably in November to early 2005. This is all conjecture on his part. But they are done. :stupid:

You gotta be kidding....here it is "mid" 2004 and I've been told for 2 years the corsa would be released in ???????. So far there's one completed bike which shreds 6-speed gearbox and can't even finish a race!(see albacete). Word of the gearbox problem surfaced in early 2003, you would have thought they would have gotten a handle on this by now, but noooooooo. Know what's funny? Honda and Suzuki can develop a "race" bike from concept to completion in less than a year, take it to the circuits and run the snot out of it for that year without problems. This MGS01 is starting to look like the Harley racebike VR-1000 that in it's 6 year run finished a handful of races. The bike is beautiful to the eye but is hard on MG wallet. If they ever get the program going I'm not racing out to purchase one 'til the bugs are found and squashed! Just my opinion. :luigi:

Guest chong-chong
You are NEVER gonna be able to buy one for the street.

:homer: Well...I guess I should start looking at an Aprilia Mille then. Too bad. If the MSG\01 was available today, I'd buy it. I have nothing but praises for my LeMans, but I want something a little more sportier for the track. :helmet:

I checked out Ghezzi-Brian's web page, and they have some interesting pictures of the MSG\01 in development stage. Here's the web page:

http://www.ghezzi-brian.com/models_engineering.htm

..... I still say hanging the swingarm off the back of the transmission seems a bit dicey to me, especially with 100+ claimed HP :unsure:

Even with our "underpowered" bikes, extra frame bracing was added to stiffen things up in the rear for the later bikes. I'm sure the frame/geometry is much different on the MGS than our V11, but all that stress on a "relatively" weak and stiff aluminum casting such as the transmission would be worrisome to me in real world long term riding :huh2:

I know it's been done for years with other bikes, but we're talking a Guzzi transmission here after all :rolleyes:

It's just a feeling though, as I have no data to base this "concern" upon :P

al

Humm,

I would buy the Ghezzi-Brian like the one in the picture. Looks sweet! and it should be very reliable. :thumbsup:

The Aprilia Mille is cool, but the Ghezzi-Brian is super cool!

Now if I could get one registered in California. :homer:

This bike is a 03 and was at the San Diego Rally last year.

Mike

G_B_01.jpg

Guest HDGoose

I have often wondered about the longevity of those bikes as compared to the Guzzi V11S bikes. If I could have one, it could not be my only Guzzi. It would be a blast for day jaunts and track days.

As to the when part of the MGS01?? Right after the 1000GT? After a while, we learn that from Guzzi, it will be available when you see them at the dealers. Everything else is conjecture!