MSG\01...When?

Guest chong-chong

The problems we encountered were the expense of differential gearsets suited for the particular track, i.e Daytona and the fact that lesser displacement Japanese cycles blew by us like we were standing still due to aerodynamics.

Go figure!  Chain drive has it's advantages over shaft in that you can "mix up"

gear combinations inexpensively as opposed to buying a number of differentials at

ever increasing cost!  Still the Pro-Thunder was a very powerful machine, indeed!

The best for the Pro Thunder should have been to put inside the Bursi 6 gear box set :thumbsup:

Bursi 6 speed article

It is a wonderfull 6 gerabox set that you could use regarding the high torque of our bikes.

By the way i made, this WE, the same modification than on the pro thunder i put the gearbox casing 6 mm under the standard fixation point.

I 'll see if it is better.

I will dyno'ed my 2 1225 engine bikes (Daytona RS & SuperTwin) the 16 of July if everything allright.

i 'll keep you inform of the results.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6-28, Helicopterjim wrote: "We figured that finishing the 24 hours at Nelson Ledges was a victory in itself and our third place finish made it even sweeter. But that was another era...... "

Hell, the biggest challenges for us were:

- Surviving the track food at the Ledges;

- The men's room "aroma";

- Avoiding the frogs (and other -yet undetermined- species of animals) that migrated onto the track after dusk.

Somehow we overcame the above, plus the usual other mechanical woes, finishing waaaaay deep in the field, but grabbing first in lightweight.

And yes, as Jim states, finishing the 24 Hours of Nelson was a victory in itself, no matter where one placed.

Phil

Atlanta GA

'02 LeMans

:bike:

Francesco-I make my living selling/repairing cycles, all makes and models. I've ridden just about every bike made including a Mondial Piega which is very rare indeed. I own somewhere between 12 or 13 cycles, some antique,some race etc. I have not ridden a Voxan, though I hope to someday. I elected to become a Ghezzi-Brian dealer in 2001 after I was approached by Moto Guzzii NA to sell" their" product. I was not impressed w/

the sales pitch nor the lack of support. The bikes were wrought with problems and getting reimbursed for warranty was damn near impossible. If you don't believe this ask your Guzzi dealer. Anyhow I liked the Supertwins and Furia because of the approach to engineering, this was long before Guiseppi Ghezzi was hired by Guzzi to develop the MGS01. The more I sold the more I realized this was going to be a collectors item as only 50 were made as of last year. 30 were sold here in the US where everyone want to have their personalized bike. That makes the Supertwin exceptionally rare if in numbers alone.

I love Italian bikes and the soul engineered into them whether it be a Ducati,Guzzi,Mondial(which has a Honda powerplant)or Aermacchi. But again I stress, you cannot race a Guzzi against a Jap bike, it just won't stack up!

How come you guys is giving a bunch shit to supertwin ? Doesn't he have a right to his own opinion ? I 've met him at Ski Shores in Austin & at the BMOA rally in New Ulm Tx. He's one of the good guys & knows his shit ( unlike me ) It just seems that this turned into a personal attack. Everybody knows I'm a MPH whore,but given the choice of a GB or MGS/01, there is no way I'd be waiting for MGS/01. <_>

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong

How about racing a Guzzi against equivalent Japanese bikes and such. Like a Yamaha warrior or equivalent done up in a race chassis. I think in the pushrod class Moto Guzzi would do well. I hope to see the MGS-01 race in Formula Extreme. The Buells have made the top ten a few times even if they are outclassed by the 600 4 cylinder bikes. I was hoping they would have a class here in Canada similar to Pro Thunder but nothing yet here on the west coast. Are you racing this year? How are your results?

I make my living selling/repairing cycles, all makes and models. I've ridden just about every bike made including a Mondial Piega which is very rare indeed. I own somewhere between 12 or 13 cycles, some antique,some race etc. I have not ridden a Voxan, though I hope to someday. I elected to become a Ghezzi-Brian dealer in 2001 after I was approached by Moto Guzzii NA to sell" their" product. I was not impressed w/

the sales pitch nor the lack of support.

It's nice to see some folks from Austin with interest in the Guzzi(related) products though ^_^

:thumbsup:

When I was considering moving to Austin last year, one of my potential new 'projects' was to open a dealership there, but alas.... it was not to be :P

al

Guest GGuzzi
Francesco-you probably will be still riding your Tenni when you are old and not anything else,to YOU Guzzi may be the best bike.  I didn't spend the extra $$ on a Supertwin by mistake, fool, to not have a Guzzi powered bike!  As a matter of fact judging by the forum the problems associated w/the Moto Guzzi marque doesn't affect my Supertwin.  Why?  Better craftsmanship,better quality control,better attention to detail, need I go on?  The quickest way to make a bike go faster is to liose the weight...70lbs, see if you can find where you could shed the weight on your Tenni...you won't.  "Nuff said! :moon:

Easy fella's, sounds like we need to arrange us a square dance competition. Ye!! Ha!!!!!

Hey Tx-thanks for validation...glad I've got thick skin. Don't get me wrong, I too am transfixed on the styling and "extra" ponies the MGS01 offers......but it is not a superbike(read Ducati as in 916) and it will not be able to compete with these

purpose built bikes. What it is is a faster Guzzi which is going to be expensive. I know few if any Guzzi owners who will lay out $25,000.00 US dollars to own much less race this bike and not get on the podium. Somthing along the lines of BOTT would be preferable, certainly not Formula Extreme...did anyone see how Ben Bostrom and Duhamel "mopped up" the field at Daytona on 600 cc Hondas, and this is in a field of 180 horsepower Yamaha R-1's. It would just be an embarrassment to the marque IMHO :thumbsup:

You guys are making me homesick for City Park Rd. Here I am in Brooklyn, a good hour of agressive traffic from the open road. I used to go to the Roadrunners rally every year. We probably know people in common.

Ray-city park road has been widened and blacktopped to make way for the rich.

You would not believe how it's filling in and those "great" twisties are being made more safe for the SUV owners. At the bottom of the hill there is a private(exclusive) subdivision which will have to get used to the sounds of cycles in June.

Ski shores has gotten to be quite a valuable piece of property. Alas, one day it will be just a memory, remember it fondly..Austin is changing, not for the better.