2002 Moto Guzzi Le Mans Champagne, 9000 miles, -$3500 in Suffern, NY 10901

RichP

2002 Moto Guzzi V11 Le Mans, Gold with original soft bags and mounts. Runs strong, easy start, low mileage, tires good, recent oil filter, air filter and all oils and fluids changed, all new relays, needs nothing but a new owner.

Thanks to George for reminding me to post this here!  Gotta love the Guzzi community!

IMG_3428.jpg

IMG_4750.jpg

IMG_4748.jpg

IMG_4749.jpg

IMG_4752.jpg

IMG_4751.jpg

• Like 6

• RichP changed the title to 2002 Moto Guzzi Le Mans Champagne, 9000 miles, -$3500 in Suffern, NY 10901

That's a seat I don't recall seeing on a V11. Do you have the original with the cowl?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, activpop said:

That's a seat I don't recall seeing on a V11. Do you have the original with the cowl?

I'm trying to forget seeing that seat too.

I think it's safe to assume the seller does not have the original seat and cowl.

Great bike BTW. I have it's twin (except for the seat). GLWS.

14 hours ago, activpop said:

That is the seat it came with.  I don't have the original padding or cover but I beleive the seat pan is original, so it can be made less offensive.  I see a seat and the cowl available on EBay.  I don't have the cowl either.  It's pretty comfortable though, made by Rich Maund.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, RichP said:

That is the seat it came with.  I don't have the original padding or cover but I beleive the seat pan is original, so it can be made less offensive.  I see a seat and the cowl available on EBay.  I don't have the cowl either.  It's pretty comfortable though, made by Rich Maund.  

Rich Maund was an active, respected  member here from early on. His seats were very well made.

• Like 3

It would be a great fly and ride for somebody.  I loved my Champagne. 

Mike

• Like 1

On 6/11/2024 at 11:21 AM, docc said:

Rich Maund was an active, respected  member here from early on. His seats were very well made.

Stock seats are cheap too..under $200 for a brand new one..I have a couple of decent Stock seats and I'd give one to a member if they needed it.  The seat cowl may be a little more difficult to come by..but not impossible.

• Like 2

On 6/14/2024 at 10:19 AM, KINDOY2 said:

I have a couple of decent Stock seats and I'd give one to a member if they needed it. 

One of my Sports has a leather seat that is a little worse for wear and is pretty slippery. I would be up for one of them if there are no other takers. I would like to bring it back to stock again. I don't think this leather one was, but not sure.

Yep, the first thing I'd do is get rid of that seat!

Then source a stock one or one where you can still use the cowling.A V11 just doesn't look right without it.....  

• Like 1

Never mind the styling. Ask the other half after an hour's ride.

• Haha 1

Yes. I took a friend of mine for a ride on mine. Total of about 1 and 1/2 hours. I don't expect she will be getting on the Le Mans again. :huh2:

But that seat isn't exactly pretty. I think I would prefer to consider the Le Mans as a solo machine. The back seat on the Breva 750 is pretty comfortable, I think. B)

• Like 2

Yep, mines definitely a solo machine!

Ha ha you can tell by just looking at it ( stock seat ) that a pillion wouldn't be impressed...

• Like 1

I'll say it.. Anyone with a functioning brain and any love for their spouse would NOT do long rides with them on back of their V11 Sport. I once rode with my now wife pillion from Redlands CA to Malibu. When we got there, she literally wanted me to call her an Uber to go home.. :lol: Lets just say when we got home, that seat cover has become a PERMANANT fixture on the back of my LeMans.  The rear pegs on my Scura came off years ago when  I went highpipes. 

Besides that, this bike has been in the area for a while. I know a guy who knows a guy who knows the owner of this bike (I used to live not far from Suffern, NY). Older gent. He tried selling it a few years ago but it didn't sell. Probably because he's too firm on the price. I don't know. But the bike is certainly cared for. 

• Like 2

i've spoken to the seller, he seems really legit.  i've been looking for a champagne 2002 Le Mans for a while, but this one isn't exactly doing it for me.

the price is great though, a realistic number.  and yet it still hasn't sold...