bay area ducati nights

Guest johnc

Guest johnc

ciao all -

i received an email from al roethlisberger asking me to post a message on this board, to extend an invitation to all the bay area guzzi owners to attend the ducati bike night events.

these events take place on the second monday of each month, starting at 7:30pm, at pizza antica, in santana row, san jose.

please don't be putt off by the event title ... the meetings are open to ALL motorcycle brands, as anything with two wheels and a motor is fun, right?

our first two events have been pretty successful, as we have gone from about 70 bikes at the first event, up to a little over 120 bikes at the event this month.

for more information and photos of the past two events, please browse to:

http://www.ducatiowners.com/mh900e/events/dbn_6_14_2004.html

and

http://www.ducatiowners.com/mh900e/events/dbn_7_12_2004.html

time:

7:00 pm - until?

location is:

Pizza Antica

334 Santana Row, #1065

San Jose, CA 95128-2013

Telephone: 408.557.8373

ciao and hope to see you at the august 9th event.

johnc

Look, the Ducati guys are crusty old geezers too... High 3/4-length-textile-jacket-per-capita quotient. They're practically Beemer nellies, for god's sake.

Well, if Ducati buys Aprila/Guzzi, I guess it won't matter what these "nights" are called anymore :rolleyes: ....as we'll be part of Ducati :P

Now, what will be interesting.... is what will become of MGNA. Ducati North America is based right down the street from here ;)

al

Guest johnc
I'll ride 300 miles :bike: , if the pizza's good :food:

the pizza is the best i have enjoyed outside of italy ... and resonably priced as well.

ciao,

johnc

Guest johnc

ciao all -

instead of doing the door prize raffle like we did on july 12th, for the august 9th event, i am thinking we can hold a peoples choice contest for best ducati in the following classes:

superbike

sport touring

supersport

monster

other (mh900e, multistrada, vintage)

any other classes i should add? perhaps add a "best non-ducati" category?

to make this work, we will need to have the folks who want to enter (free, no charge) the contest, park in designated groups by class, so that judging can be done side-by-side. also, need to have folks that want to enter arrive and park by 7:30pm, so we can start the judging no later than 8pm, to have the awards/prizes done by 9pm.

thoughts?

ciao,

johnc

Guest johnc
Look, the Ducati guys are crusty old geezers too...  High 3/4-length-textile-jacket-per-capita quotient.  They're practically Beemer nellies, for god's sake.

Age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill... B)

ciao,

johnc

I'm hoping I can make the next one, although my warantee engine rebuild may conspire to have the bike in the shop during the next meet. Scheduling is TBD.

I may just have to hoof it down there without a bike since I live down the street if so, we'll see :D

But yep, I hope some of the local guys here can drop by :thumbsup:

al

Guest johnc

al -

i hope you can make it on your bike, but a walk on part is still better than nothing :P

warranty work on a bike? see, our brands have more in common than one might think :P

ciao,

johnc

Guest johnc

ciao all -

i am really hoping we can get a good turn out of guzzi bikes and owners at the august 9th event, as we plan on having a fun, "peoples choice" bike show, by category. i have some pretty cool prizes, and it all should be a lot of fun interaction with all those in attendance.

so, hope to see LOTS of guzzis monday, aug 9th, 7:30pm, pizza antica, santana row, san jose.

ciao,

johnc

Guest johnc

ciao all -

i have had a few folks ask why they can't view the quicktime movie of the june 14th event through their browser ... the quicktime plugins for browsers are available for free @ http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/ (in mac and windows versions).

the movie is located @:

http://www.robertallenkim.com/clips/ducatinight_ref.mov

ciao,

johnc

• 2 weeks later...

I hope to make it to the Ducati night this coming Monday. I will be going with some of my Duc friends. The Guzzi V11 Sport green should stand out pretty well with all the other bikes just being red and yellow. :D

Any other Guzzi owners going?

See ya there,

Mike

Barring any "oddities" I plan to go. The bike isn't in the shop yet for the engine rebuild, so it shouldn't be a problem.

(Oddities = things Al has tinkered with that make the bike less than reliable *this week* :lol: )

Since Santana Row is just down the street, you should come by my house, say hi to the baaaaaaaaaby :grin: ...and we could go down together :huh2:

al