bay area ducati nights

Guest johnc

ciao all -

i have had a few folks ask why they can't view the quicktime movie of the june 14th event through their browser ... the quicktime plugins for browsers are available for free @ http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/ (in mac and windows versions).

the movie is located @:

http://www.robertallenkim.com/clips/ducatinight_ref.mov

ciao,

johnc

Hi John,

Do you have a link where we can just download the whole video from? I keep getting horrible jitter and drops when trying to stream it through Quicktime.

...tons of pixelization and sound dropouts.

al

a quick note to thank all the guzzi owners that attended bike night this evening ... another great turn out and fun evening.

next month, same place, same time = sept 13th, 7:30 pm, at pizza antica in santana row.

ciao,

johnc

Thanks John :D

Well, the turn-out was excellent.... at least for the Ducati contingent ^_^

It's hard to tell with people coming and going, but I'd bet there were 50-60 bikes for the first couple hours.... and although predominantly newish Ducs, a few other marques where there as well.

We had three Guzzis "representing" :bike:

Myself, Mike Stewart, and Mark from Hollister. Our bikes(02LM, 00Sport, 0xCali?) actually got a lot of attention from the wandering crowd, and even got some humorous comments like... "hey, lookee that, a bike that's not RED :P "

And actually a fella that is currently the Director of Marketing for Ducati North America, John -something- (it's early, my brain is still fuzzy :rolleyes: ) ...came right over and started up a conversation. He was very enthused that some MGs came out for event, and was happy to see something a little different in the crowd.

Plus, as an aside and interestingly.... apparently he was at MGNA when the V11 Sport first rolled out and was involved in the US Marketing for the bike's introduction, and coincidentally did the same at Yamaha years before for the FJ1100.... another past bike of mine. So even though a Ducati event, he stayed around and chatted beside our bikes for quite a long while

Anyway, I suspect I'll continue to go off-and-on, and if we can get more people to drop by on their Guzzis semi-regularly, it could prove to be even more interesting.... as the crowd really seemed to find our bikes intriguing.

Hope to see more Guzzis next time!

Cheers :bier:

al

ciao all -

al, glad you folks made it down to the event ... it was great seeing the guzzie's.

just got the ducati bike night event photos from first two months posted on the DNA web site photogallery section @:

photogallery

i will post the photos from august event asap.

ciao and see you all on sept 13th.

johnc

• 1 month later...

I believe this coming Monday, October 11th will be the next "Ducati Nights" if anyone is interested. I don't know if I'll have my bike in-hand or at the shop, but just an FYI.

You may want to check the Club Desmo site to double-check the date.

But also of interest, this Sunday October 10th is the "La Ducati" day in La Honda, CA up in the SC mountains... all day the bikes take over the town, representation from Ducati NA, vendors, and lots of bikes of all makes.

al