Pictures V11 Meeting

Admin Jaap

Hi out there,

Thanks for sharing the snaps from the V11-meeting. Unfortunately I couldn't attend due to travelling on the 12th, but it looks like you guys had a good time.

I've 45 pics from the Ostsee Italo Treffen in Kiel, Germany (which took place in the same time frame as the V11-meeting), but unfortunately I cannot upload the f****ng thingies on the http://community.webshots.com/.

I'm completely lame when it comes to computers, but I'll persuade my sons to give it a try while I'm away next week (going to the States once more).

Best regards

Søren

PS: All good things come to those who wait....... :blink:

PPS: A big pat on the back to Jaap and Paul for getting this site up and running again! :bier:

We all owe Jaap a big thank you for organising the rally - it rounded off a brilliant week for Jane and I.

The total for our 10 day round trip to Mandello Del Lario was 2,083 miles (3,377 km) and both the V11 and the Nevada ran faultlessly.

Hi V11's

I have previously commented on the V11 meeting on this site but I think I sent my material on emails rather than the forum board.

Jaap did a great job and my friend, travelling companion and Ducati rider Malcom shares my view that the hospitality and people made this an excellent event.

Jaap looked after us and organised a meet I would certainly visit again.

On our way home we took off along the River Waal in the company of a local club racer-Dietrich. He took us on the dyke road, barely wide enough for cars to pass each other and with fifteen foot drops on either side. You could not afford to make a mistake as we sliced our way along at speed. Part way along the ride we stopped for a beer. I mentioned the awkward hi speed sensation from my Rosso Mandello and suggested Dietrich try my bike. He returned a verdict of dodgy head bearings until he realised I had a short wheelbase model. So it's a quirk of early V11's that you have to accept. However, we decided to pump up the tyres some 12 percent over the MG recommended pressures. It made a significant difference to the remaining hi speed ride as we raced towards Rotterdam. Try it if you're unhappy with the feel of the bike.

On our return to Britain, we rode to the Ace Cafe Rockers Reunion Run from London to Brighton. Thousands of bikes took part with no visible Police presence.

Somewhat remarkable because there were so many of us. The sun shone on another great day enlivened with some knockout rock a billy bands and old timers

who showed us that their spirit still burned even if their bones told another story.

Thanks to Martin for the pic of my ruby Rosso Mandello at the Dutch dealer TLM.

Cheers fellas

Richard Pawelko/Malcolm