I'm almost hooked...

beauchemin

Hi gang,

I just signed up today, but I've been lurking for a week. Up until yesterday I was torn between a Ducati ST2, and a V11 Sport. Frankly, the issues with the V11's almost turned me off. I finally realized that even though the ST2 is more sophisticated, the V11 will be a helluva lot more fun - and it just "feels" like the right choice. Besides, the very first bike I remember was a big black Guzzi parked beside a church in northern Germany in 1973 (when I was 7 yrs old). This will be my first Guzzi, my only other Italian (motorcycle) experience is with Laverdas. I currently ride a '74 750SF2, and I should have my '02.5 V11 Sport in a couple of weeks.

Glad to be here!

Ciao

Chris B.

The ST2 and the V11 Sport are very differernt bikes. As I think JAAP mentioed nnot so long ago, people on this Forum tend to use their V11's for either old-skool type sport bikes OR Sport Touring bikes.

Compared to the ST2, the Guzzi really only compares favourably when it comes to Ducati's outrageous service charges. The ST series of bikes are just super comfortable and come with luggage, but they lack a shaft final drive....

Personally I prefer my V11, but it didn't stop me form taking a serious look at the ST4 as an option for a sports tourer second bike. I tyhink i'll go with a Nero Corsa with bags instead btw :)

Guest dkgross

give Dave Richardson at MotoInternational a call..he's got a whole bunch of bikes in..lots of 02's and 03's with little or NO mileage, and great warrantees at great prices..