Shortchanged by dealer

Guest Rockdoc

Guest Rockdoc

Greetings From The Great White North-{Canada}

I am thrilled to finally announce that I finally got my "new", {0 kilometer}, 2002 Lemans delivered to High River Alberta. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!. As a former, devoted, BMW owner for over 25 years this was my first Moto Guzzi. I can't tell you ......... wait a minute.....yes I can...... how pleased I am with it. 900 kilometers so far and my smile just keeps getting bigger. What a lovely machine !!!!!. I was afraid it was going to be uncomfortable because of its rather sporty seating position and initially I was not really happy with it and was convinced I would have to raise the handle bars. The more I rode, the more it feels right. No bar mods for me. And the sound!!!. Well you are all aware of what I mean. I will write more as I ride more. Snowing here tonight so I may be done for the year. I am going to trailer it to Calgary Alberta and have the lads change out break in oil. Will store for winter, without starting it up, and in the spring return break in oil and finish the process.

Wow, somewhat verbose tonite. Sorry bout that.

Only one problem. I had the bike shipped from an "un named" dealer in Vancouver. It arrived uncrated and badly prepped for transport with several blemishes and bruises, {Grrrrrrr}, a local detail shop and many hours of my time have returned it to flawless condition. The bike was delivered with NO paperwork whatsoever which leads to my question. What should the bike have come with???.

Should I have been given a tool kit ?. Where do I obtain a manual?? I would love to know how the rear and front suspension should be and is adjusted. I also noted a little weeping of oil on the side edges of the pan gasket... normal?. Bit of a rattle when clutch is engaged. ? post-995-1100854545_thumb.jpgAny help you can give would be most appreciated. Thanks v11 com.

PS included a quick photo of my new love. Thanks again.

Guest Rockdoc

You should have:

a toolset

an owners manual

a warranty booklet

Warranty: Make sure your dealer notifies the factory! They can do that thru the internet.

If they don't cooperate, contact the importer.

Welcome to the forum!

37579[/snapback]

Thanks for the prompt reply Jaap:

Contacting MG America was on the list but would be my final resort as I had talked with them before the machine arrived in Calgary already. Re: warranty. Unfortunately, as I had purchased the bike last winter and did not take delivery of the motorcycle until the spring I had assumed my warranty would begin when I turned the key. I have since learned that by the time I picked it up the warranty was 8 months old!!!. After contacting Guzzi in Atlanta I was told that they would address the issue and let me know. NEVER HEARD BACK. I have a feeling I am out of luck. Fortunately I have an excellent Ducatti / Aprillia dealer, {Revouzione}, in Calgary and I will, if stumped, use them, warranty or not, if I get stuck with anything I can't handle. They have a ex Moto Guzzi mechanic in house.

Cheers on choosing a great bike! Sorry to hear of your woes!

There is an un-named dealer in Chilliwack that doesn't screw people and gives great service. They also have an un-named mechanic who is very dedicated to Moto Guzzi! He is awesome! If you need any advice they can help lots. Send me an email and I will get you hooked up if you wish.

P.S. Did you ever pound rocks in northern BC or Yukon? Spent ten years flying your kind!

Greetings From The Great White North-{Canada}

Hi Doc,

Welcome the big world wide family of V11 owners.

Greetings from Søren

PS: Snows here too :moon:

Hi Rockdoc,

Congrats on the bike - very nice, and welcome from another rookie.

The rattle when the clutch is engaged is normal ans you can find some good advice elsewhere on the forum about not sitting at the lights in gear with the clutch in.

Enjoy !

Ken

• 2 weeks later...

In addition to the warranty booklet and owners handbook, in Europe we also get 2 year breakdown cover and a booklet with all the details.

Not sure what the deal is in Canada- maybe you get the same.

Glad you are enjoying your Le Mans!!!

Guy :race:

In addition to the warranty booklet and owners handbook, in Europe we also get 2 year breakdown cover and a booklet with all the details.

Not sure what the deal is in Canada- maybe you get the same.

Glad you are enjoying your Le Mans!!!

Guy :race:

38177[/snapback]

The "2 Year Breakdown Service" started with the '03 bikes here in North America, so I'm not certain you would get the same service with an '02 model, even if NOS :huh2: I guess you can check though, no harm done :D

BTW, has no one else noticed that he has somehow gotten a 2002 LeMans in CANADA :blink:

See this thread on why this is apparently quite shocking: http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4014

You apparently will have quite a rare bird in your neck-of-the-woods.

Congrats :bier:

al

Guest Rockdoc

the manual, can be dowloaded from guzzi, see link on the links on top of this page.

38143[/snapback]

Thanks Paul:

Have downloaded. I am back up north, yet again, and this is the perfect spot to memorize the manual. :sun: .

Guest Rockdoc

my guess is that it's one of the few 02's that did get in. Does it have a Kmph speedo or a US MPH one???

38206[/snapback]

UHHHH? What or why would a, {Canadian, kilometer speedo, by the way}, 2002 {0kms}, Guzzi in Canada be unusual?. By the way, Hello all, I am back w a y up north for another month or so and just got my sat aimed and hooked up on my drilling rig. Will be on line more now. P.S. thanks all for input re: my "little" problem.

Guest Brian Robson

Rockdoc, you and I are unique in that not only do we have an 02 LeMans but the same colour as well.

Good luck with your bike and I echo Jim's comments about the MG dealer in Chilliwack...excellent dealer and a great mechanic.

Guest Rockdoc

The "2 Year Breakdown Service" started with the '03 bikes here in North America, so I'm not certain you would get the same service with an '02 model, even if NOS :huh2: I guess you can check though, no harm done :D

BTW, has no one else noticed that he has somehow gotten a 2002 LeMans in CANADA :blink:

See this thread on why this is apparently quite shocking: http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4014

You apparently will have quite a rare bird in your neck-of-the-woods.

Congrats :bier:

al

38204[/snapback]

Now I understand!!. Wow I didn't realize "big brotherism" was that rampant in Canada. Really toooo much. I too imported my 911 Carrera into Canada years ago with no trouble. Guess "the rules have changed"!. I suppose this means I won't be seeing "my bike" very often??. Does this mean my just restored Wankels may be tough to register and insure??. Keep ya posted. Thanks all for bringing thid to my attention.