NGC / Any pilots here ?

TX REDNECK (R.I.P.)

Yeah, I really needed to see this. I'm jumping on one of these things to Maui soon, Thanks!

I was actually on a Mexicana Airlines flight once that landed like this in southern Mexico 15 yrs ago. I've flown into some weird places with very questionable aviators, and don't get rattled easy, but, I won't fly on a Mexican plane again!

Ciao, Steve G.

In 1966, my father was flying for Air America out of Vientiane Laos. Our family was returning from vacation in Hong Kong and the last leg was on Royal Air Lao out of Bangkok to Vientiane. My sister and I got seats in the front row of the aircraft. We went to fasten our seatbelts, and they weren't bolted to the seats. So we threw the seat belts in the overhead rack. After we got airborne, we noticed the seat was moving. It wasn't bolted to the floor. So we turned the seat section around and played cards with the Air America "kickers" in the next row back. The whole time we could hear the cockpit radio - until it went silent. The flight engineer got up, walked over to the radio, and kicked it until it started working again.

Third world airlines are so much fun...

I've heard stories from people flying Aeroflot that you'll get coffee served in plastic cups with teeth marks on'em from the previous customers...... :vomit:

In my NATO days (1993-1996) I travelled up to 120 days a year so I learned a lot about air line companies throughout the world. Flying THY (Turkish Airlines) is an experience that you'll have to experience yourselves. It doesn't matter whether you're in a "non smoking" section as everybody, no matter where they are seated, is lightning up their damned cigarettes (and we're talking the black Turkish tobacco here - no light stuff for the Turks, thank you!) as soon as the plane is up in the air. Furthermore they all applause, when the skipper puts the bird down again....thought it was his job, but who am I to tell??

SAS (Scandinavian) has by far the poorest luggage handling, at least here in Copenhagen. It's quite common that you'll have to stay put for 30 minutes or more before your luggage shows up. It's frigging annoying, when you have been travelling for half a day and the only thing you really want is to go back home to your wife and family.

The list is endless and this is a motorcycle forum so I'll shut up now. I guess it's safer to take the bike - at least it's more fun! :D Can't wait for the bloody snow to disappear..

Søren

PS: It seems to me that the video cut from Tex has been manipulated.

Tex, couldn't get the video to run on my circa 1937 computer, but after a couple of carrier landings as a passenger I'll tell you the landing gear on airplanes can withstand alot of abuse when maintained...and assuming you hit what you're aiming at fairly square to center of the way the tires ought to be going. k

Guest Steve_W
^^ I wish you could see it . It's a passenger plane ( 727 :huh2:)  At first I thought it had been photo shopped , but I see the smoke flying of the the nose gear each time it touches down & it looks real.

Looks like a 737, actually; two engines, one slung under each wing, kinda stubby. The 727 had three engines, all grouped at the tail.

Hey, it was a perfect three-point landing. Right main gear first, then left main gear, then nose gear. Of course, then he screwed it up by dribbling it down the runway. :D Bet the passengers were impressed...

From the approach I'd say he had a bit of a crosswind and overcorrected a couple of times. :homer:

From the same web site...I think this picture is a fake!!!

00292nk.jpg

39356[/snapback]

Actually the picture is probably real. I went to an 'Airhead' rally last summer and pretty much everyone there looked like this. I figured its what Santas do in the off season but of course no ones talking.

Have a Merry y'all. :xmas:

Looks like a 737, actually; two engines, one slung under each wing, kinda stubby.  The 727 had three engines, all grouped at the tail.

Hey, it was a perfect three-point landing.  Right main gear first, then left main gear, then nose gear.  Of course, then he screwed it up by dribbling it down the runway.  :D  Bet the passengers were impressed...

From the approach I'd say he had a bit of a crosswind and overcorrected a couple of times.  :homer:

39380[/snapback]

Looks like one of those French heaps of crap to me....serves it right for calling the pilot a "retard" just near the ground !!!

Miles....

prefers Boeings (& Nortons) anyday

Guest jerroldt

Callison:

I keep seeing those pictures of your 4 great looking Guzzi's on the street outside your home and wonder which is your favorite and how many miles that you put on each machine annually. I am wondering about the red Le Mans with the square headlight. What is it? Just an off the wall question.

Callison:

I keep seeing those pictures of your 4 great looking Guzzi's on the street outside your home and wonder which is your favorite and how many miles that you put on each machine annually.  I am wondering about the red Le Mans with the square headlight. What is it?  Just an off the wall question.

39416[/snapback]

Rats. I was hoping you were asking about buying the house <_ .>

Descending order of preference, from left to right.

1997 Sport 1100i, 58,000 miles (all mine, except about 200)

2001 V11 Sport TT 28,000 miles (all mine, except about 750)

1997 California 28,000 miles (all mine, except 3300)

1984 V65C (42,000 miles of which 3,000 are mine)

1971 Ambassador (16,600 miles, none of mine and hasn't run in ten years - now in pieces)

P5250004.gif