Italo Bike Treffen 2004

tikkanen

Ciao guys!

I have finally managed to upload my pics from the Italo Bike Treffen 2004 in Kiel, Germany. Please checkout this link to my webshots and press "my photos"

Enjoy!

Søren

PS: Pardon the sick comments to the pictures but I just couldn't resist.

PPS: Hope it works now!

Søren,

the link does not go directly to your pics, could you renew the link, please?

40696[/snapback]

Hmm, it works fine here but anyway, please try again

Ostsee Italo Treffen 2004

Søren

Some nice looking bikes there.

Noticed a Kawazaki two stroke triple in the back ground, don't see those often.

I liked the red and silver guzzi (21). A road test on a preproduction 1100 sport in a simular colour scheme brought Moto Guzzi back to my conscious. I still would fancy an 1100 sport.

Thank you for rejigging the link to take us into your pictures. The original link only took to host so without your user name or cookies, couldn't progress further.

Soren,

Are you going there?

When is this event?

Is the Scura your bike?

Ciao, Antonio

40748[/snapback]

The Ostsee Italo Treffen coincided with Jaap's V11 event (10-12 September), which I originally signed up for. Unfortunately I had to fly to the States on Sunday 12th, so I didn't really see myself driving to The Netherlands on Friday and then return Saturday afternoon -a 1500-1600 km trip, roughly.

Nonetheless, I had mentally prepared for a weekend trip, so I went to Kiel on Saturday instead as it's only a 900 (+) km return trip.

The rally site is found on the shores of the Kieler canal in a forrest area and there's a very nice and friendly atmosphere. Furthermore it's dead cheap: how about a 6 Euro entrance fee? The only flipside was the piss, poor weather - it was raining cats and dogs like it would never stop!

If you check this thread (in German only, unfortunately, but I guess that you Cloggies are fluent in that language :P ) it will lead you to the German MC club, which hosts the rally. The 2004 rally took place 10-12 September so I assume that this year's rally will take place within the same timeframe.

Martin: I also fancy the Le Mans you mention - it was absolutely gorgeous.

And yes, the Scura is mine.

Glad for the positive responses :)

Best regards

Søren

You can view pictues from 2003 here:

O.I.T. 2003

40801[/snapback]

Yihah! Great shots, Jan. I'm glad that you have captured Holger Aue's bike, that's a rolling history book!

For those of you who don't know Holger or the story about his bike I can inform you that his old Le Mans has close to 200.000 km on the meter, puts out an astonishing 110 (+) bhp and is used for racing as well as commuting.

Holger Aue is also the progenitor of this well known picture:

Sandheden.jpg

Jan, could you upload my OIT 2004 pics to World-of-Guzzi.de or make a link?

Thanks in advance

Søren