SoCal, Fri Jan. 28

jrt

Sonya and I are going to be in Ventura all next week for a conference, then Friday, Jan. 28th head down to L.A. and Pasadena. Anyone interested in either lunch in L.A. somewhere's or dinner in Pasadena or surrounding area that friday?

I figure I *have* to get to MotoGuzziClassics. Not sure what I need, but I always find something to buy when I'm there.

On a related note- any bike shops I can't miss in Santa Barbara or Ventura? I might have to skip an afternoon during the week just to get out for awhile.

Jason

Too bad you can't make it to San Diego.

Could I bait you guys, with the following (The stem cell symposium could be real trendy! And all of the hosts for each event are Macintosh users,(that I support) so I have loads of respect for them. Pietro Sanna is amazing! But I have no idea if he does good science...)

Wednesday, January 26

4:00 PM

Uptake, Trafficking and Most Infectious Forms of Scrapie Prion Protein, Byron Caughey, Senior Investigator, NIAID, National Institutes of Health. Host: Pietro Sanna. Pathogenesis Affinity Group Seminar Series.

THE COMMITTEE Lecture Hall, Skaggs Institute Building

Friday, January 28

10:00 AM

Stem Cells and Vascular Biology Symposium, Kevin Eggan, Ihor Lemischka, Timothy Springer, Irving Weissman. Host: Thomas F. Deuel.

Valerie Timken Amphitheater, Green Hospital Building

2:00 PM

Small Molecule Replacements of Transcriptional Activiation Domains, Anna Mapp, Assistant Professor, University of Michigan. Host: Phil Baran. Department of Chemistry Lecture Series.

W.M. Keck Foundation Amphitheater, The Beckman Center

Mmmm, actually my wife is looking at some variants of the prion protein, so don't temp us. Actually, I think I know Anna Mapp also....small world.

I wish I did have time to drop down to SD, but time constraints will prevent that. I'll try to set up a lecture down there for fall since I know some of the faculty at UCSD and I'll leave the prion's at home.

J :cheese: