Introduction Thread

al_roethlisberger

Hey Jim............ does your R/M still have the single disk clutch....... as well as that factory wrinkle finish case paint?

I understand some of the cases were replaced under factory warranty.......??

Was out your way with one of the herd a couple weeks ago.

Cheers :thumbsup:

All still original and after many a wheelie the clutch is still happy. The paint on mine is just fine too. I know there were a few that were flawed but those are the ones you hear about. Most of them were just fine.

Sorry I missed you. Would love to see your bike too - love the Coppia!

Cheers

Hey Jim............ does your R/M still have the single disk clutch....... as well as that factory wrinkle finish case paint?

I understand some of the cases were replaced under factory warranty.......??

Was out your way with one of the herd a couple weeks ago.

Cheers :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New V11 Sport owner!  

Yep, I have been here for a couple of months reading and learning about the quirks of the Moto Guzzi V11.  I can now say that I am the proud owner of a a very sweet ride...quirks and all!  I purchased an 03, or so the title says...plate says it was made 2/2002, that I found on Craigslist in Oregon.  The bike had right at 2550 miles on it when it arrived in Austin and I must say that I stole it even with the cost of shipping.  

The bike has M4 pipes, Power Commander, and custom carbon fiber look paint on the tank.  As soon as I can figure out how to add pictures I will post up.  

Plan is to get it into the local shop to get all the fluids changed and have the guys give it a good once over.  

Cheers!

Fingers crossed...

IMG_1830_zps069e75b0.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the compliments!  Any way to tell what type of crossover I have?  The seller didn't know much about the bike, the title shows he rode it 400 miles since 08.  He did say that it dyno'd at 85 hp.?.  Ive seen numbers from the mid 70s to low 90s, as long as it runs strong I am good.  One thing I do know is that it pulls like a tractor!

My neighbor stopped by and told me his dog is afraid of thunder...he, the dog, doesn't like it when I ride by the house.... :lol:  

The bike is great and one of the things that I really like is the fact that so many people don't even know what a Guzzi is.  

• Like 1

Got-One: You've got a really nice example of the V11! Go to your profile and edit your year and model. Best feedback on the crossover is to take a clear photo and post it on Technical Topics sub-forum.

This is gonna be fun! :mg:

Thanks Docc.  Profile is updated, still have to reduce the profile pic size and will take a pic of the crossover and get a video soon.  I had to re-seal the headlight with silicone, washed the bike and found out it the bike does not like to get wet.  After the wash I found a bit of water in the headlight and now my starter button tends to stick in the pushed in position....quirks.

That's a beauty! Did they still have the chin pad on 03 models?

The insulator around the fuel cap is on the external pump models . When the fuel pump went in the tank , it was deleted .