Introduction Thread

al_roethlisberger

Hi,

Quite looking forward to being able to maintain my own bike - had a Monster 1100 before this, and it just didn't suit my character really.

Welcome to V11 world. I came to V11 from a Monster. Impossible to get at stuff round all that scaffolding: needed some funny shaped tools and double jointed fingers so didn't do as much on it myself as I shoulda.

Do nearly everything myself now on the Guzzi. Mind you I need to... :-D

Hard to find a workshop I can trust TBH.

Moto Louigi near Bath are very good with Ducati , and I'm sure they could service / repair Moto Guzzi as well.

Having said, I have looked around this forum and can see tons of advice on how to do most things. The only thing I'm cautious about is the TPS work.

Had the bike delivered yesterday , it looks fantastic . I wish I could get out on it - it's been raining here all day , and the bike has a brand new set of tyres on.

Seeing that its new to me, I'd rather wait for the roads to dry out a little.

Managed to find a two hour dry weather window.

Wonderful, smoother than I imagined, comfortable, I'm sure I will enjoy the bike , just need my first long ride into Mid Wales.

Have a look in the gallery , took some images on its maiden ride.

Yeah, I know it. Some good retro Jap stuff turns up as well.

I was there last summer on the way through from West Wales. Left the car park with a vapour lock, revving and popping and farting trying to clear it out. Made a right show of myself.

Least I got that sorted out now..

I was in Abergavenny last Sunday - not many there - the only Guzzi was me.

Lovely roads from Neath - Ystradgynlais - Sennybridge - Brecon - Abergavenny. Cup of coffee , natter about bikes, repeat in opposite direction.

Really gelling with the Ballabio - lovely motor, torque is fun, comfy, relatively economical, the sun even shone........

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Another new V11 member here - from sunny South Wales.

Hi,

(To plagarise Denis ..........)

Another new V11 member here - from sunny NEW South Wales.

I'm heading for the UK and Europe for a few months, and managed to get hold of a V11 Le Mans to ride around on while I'm over there. Fly out next Monday, pick the bike up next Tuesday.

V11LM1.jpg

It's not another 1100 Sport which I was looking for, but I think it should do quite nicely, don't you? I may have to experiment some with the riding position (the 1100 Sport is comfortable for me) but I should be able to adjust.

One question I have - this bike has an external oil filter; the parts manual implies a special tool for it, will I need to get hold of one of those?

My plans are pretty loose - explore the island, look up some old friends and family, meet up with a couple of mates in Vienna mid September to ride the Dolomites. I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers,

Mal

Hmmm, oil filter still in the sump like an 1100 Sport, but "can be" accessed through a 4 inch cover on the underside of the sump by unscrewing it with a 27mm hex drive. Conveniently, the rear axle nut works for this.

Mal, you've got an enfield twin and you list it down the bottom of the list? Did you forget the drysdale v8 out the back of the shed?

Mal, you've got an enfield twin and you list it down the bottom of the list? Did you forget the drysdale v8 out the back of the shed?

Wtll, this is a Guzzi-centric forum; one should be a little discreet. I am expected to park it sideways when out with the guzzis.

DSCF2015.jpg

• Like 1