Introduction Thread

al_roethlisberger

OK, I shall introduce myself:

I am 45 (so a geezer I suppose) and have been riding since 1979. I have had a series of crappy bikes due to a lack of money including 11 years on a 250MZ!, but I always fancied a big bore Guzzi. Since the V11 came out I have wanted one. I don't know why... it's just it seems to be the most beautiful looking bike ever designed......

So, as I got a bit of a windfall last summer, I chopped my SV650 in for a mint 2000 V11 Sport in green. I really wanted the LeMans, but the Sport seemed to be in very good condition with only 2000 miles on so I bought it.

I just love this bike. I have done 4000 miles since last July despite working abroad most of August and September and it's quite simply the best bike I have ever ridden. I hope they will continue to make the V11, because I am promising myself a new LeMans in 2 years time.

I live in Chesham, (NW of London near the M25) and commute to work in Epsom most days on the bike and it has not let me down yet!

.....11 years on a 250MZ!, but I always fancied a big bore Guzzi. Since the V11 came out I have wanted one. I don't know why... it's just it seems to be the most beautiful looking bike ever designed.........

Nuttin wrong with MZ's!

welcome to Guzzi!!Sounds like you'll be at home here.

KB :sun:

True. I had a soft spot for that TS 250. Even though it used to eat gear selector return springs. Mind you, you could still change gear with it broken, and a temporary repair with bungie rope could be made.......

When I read the selector spring threads on here my first thought was: Luxury... you don't have to strip the entire box.....

I did have a Commando for a year, it wasn't mine, I did a deal with a friend to let me ride it for a year in exchange for the labour to put it back together from boxes of bits in his cellar.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I might be a little late for an introduction I kind of just dived into the site when I found it. Well I should say found it for the second time I had looked at it once b4 I purchased my V11 sport and thought "lemans? whatever thats not what I got" well I was new and naive.

I'm 24 I live in New Hope Minnesota (suburb of Minneapolis) I move around the cities a lot as I am still looking for a house. I grew up all about the country Born in Salem Oregon moved to Michigan then to Minnesota then to North Dakota then to Minnesota again. I currently work for a Budweiser Distributorship we deliver everything Anheuser-Busch products plus Guiness, Bass, Old Style, Special Export, Black Label, Colt 45, Smirnoff malternatives, Amstel light, Heineken And Smithwicks. I'm lucky I only deal with the kegs keeps me in shape and pays the bills

I've been riding bikes since I was 12. I had a Sears Minibike with a brigs 5hp. when I was 14 My uncle picked up a 1978 Suzuki 125 motorcross that was badarse. I didn't get my first road bike until I was 21 I got a brand new 2001 Suzuki Marauder VZ800 Metallic blue I loved that bike for a short time I'll throw up a pic at the bottom. Just last april I sold my Suzuki and the same day I picked up my oo' V11 sport. I had looked at it the year b4 but couldn't spend the money then I had just got a new car. I came back a year later with more determination but thought I wanted a Triumph Sprint ST. I took out an RS for a test run and decided it didn't have enough character and would easily get me in trouble with the men in blue. The Guzzi was a little bit more but the quality and style of the bike sold me. Since that day the bike had 3800mi on it and now it has 8600 with one summer, not the best summer at that, of riding (I had my suzuki for 3 years and sold it with 8500mi which I only put on 2/3rds step dad rode it too)

Now I'm here posting on this site maybe way more than I should. I've been married for 2 years to my significant other Stephanie and I have a 10 month old son Keegan. I've come to realize my favorite things in life are my son my wife and my guzzi just about in that order. My dream is the opposite of the Admin Jaap I'd love to be able to drive from oh say somewhere in scotland to the south or italy or maybe greece I don't have a nice straight line to plot through europe like the US west coast but I'd want to make it up as I go. This has been a very helpful site, everyone is friendly, and I've had many questions answered even if they had been done to death without having my head cutoff. :thumbsup: If anyone has any questions for me all they have to do is ask I'm sure I will remain a regular and its already set in stone that I will be a guzzist for life wether I have one in my garage or not.

:mg:

Ben

Great to have you on this board! Welcome. My guess is you're the youngest of all members! It's OK to see that Guzzis don't only appeal to old farts...

45098[/snapback]

Ay! who you calling an old fart, you cheesehead :cheese:

Most of us are under 70!

But yah, good point, it is nice to see an under 30 on the list.

Welcome aboard, Ben!

Does your factory give out free samples? :bier:

Hey Jaap? if your from holland why isn't this site in dutch? or Netherlandese? I suppose I'm not complaining but the admins and original base are all from, what I can gatherther, the netherlands. Did you just want to make it a more global site? or maybe this was explained somewhere in the forum but I read all day and have yet to make a dent in the postings. Again Cheers on all the hard work for this. :bier:

:mg:

• 2 months later...
Guest Clin d'Phare

Hello guys !

I'm a french motocycliste. Im 29 years old and leave in Toulouse where y try to make fly of new airplanes.

I don't have any Guzzi :huh2: Shame on me ! But I dream to own a wonderfull V11 Lemans :wub: or MSG01 :wub::wub:

I actually ride a Yamaha 850 TRX (:ninja: the best motorcycle in the world :P) for two years and try to restart an old Monet Goyon of 1934.

I was loocking for some Lemans photo and have found your community. There was light so I came in :D

Never noticed this bit before, thought I better drop a few lines. Born and bred in Glasgow,Scotland. Owned almost everything British, a tuned Laverda Mirage and a modified Harley shovelhead.Always wanted a Guzzi,a guy where I grew up had a mk1 lemans that I could never beat even on my A65 flattracker and that bike was fast for a brit. Served my time as an engineer manufacturing tunneling machines,since then worked on everything from a Partner saw to a Harrier jet. Now live in Ireland, hobbies include ;staring at the sky and pointing at things. Occasionally like to prod my bike with a spanner to see if it's awake.

• 3 months later...

Greetings fellow Guzzisti,

I'm now 2 weeks into owning my first Goose, a 2002 V11 Scura that I picked up on Ebay.

I'm 54 years old, been married to the same lovely lady for almost 29 years and have a terminal case of motorcyclitis.

I began riding in 1964 on a Yamaha 80 with trail tires and a gyt kit fitted. Played in the dirt for several years including MotoXing a 250 while stationed in New Mexico, before making the jump to pavement. I bought a brand new '73 Triumph T140V 750 Bonneville for the indoctrination period.

My next bike came 10 years later in the form of a Yamaha Seca 900. A wonderfully sterile piece of machinery that saw me through a T-bone collision at the 25K mark 5 years later.

My next bike was a '95 Ducati 900 SS sp and I nearly succumbed to the sausage monster's song. Got rid of it before it did me in.

A 2003 Honda ST1300 with ABS was my next ride and I still have it.

Bought the Goose because I absolutely love the looks of the thing. It only has 1700 miles on the clock so far, but I intend to run that up as high as possible between now and December when the warranty expires.

This is a wonderful forum and really helps push the learning curve for me. Thanks to all of you.

Bill in Eureka

Guest Nogbad

Welcome Bill. Yeah, the looks did it for me too. I didn't even enjoy the test ride, but bought it anyway and it has really grown on me. I might moan a lot and threaten to dump it almost every week, but I love it really!

. . . I bought a brand new '73 Triumph T140V 750 Bonneville for the indoctrination period.  . . .

58961[/snapback]

Bill, looks like we have similar tastes in bikes (I love the looks of the Scura as well) . . . here's a pic of me as a young 21 year old Marine during a weekend stint in Torremolinos Spain on my brand new 1973 T140 Triumph Bonneville 750!

BTW . . . Are you the one who bought that Texas Scura?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

My name's Brian, I've been riding for about ten years. I'm in the military, currently stationed at Fallon, NV. First bike was a '72 CB500K, then a SECA 600, ('86 I think, can't be sure) then up till recently, a hard ridden Honda Magna 750 with a Vfour that I just couldn't ride nicely. :P:

Just bought my first Guzzi, an '02 LeMans Tenni that I found in a dealership while in school down here in Oceanside CA, hidden waay back in the far corner as a consignment sale. The dealer new nothing about it, and pretty much wanted it out and away from his precious Aprilias and Dukes. I wasn't planning on buying a new bike this season, but after selling my '82 Honda, I haven't made it 6 months without looking for another bike. While stationed in Sicily I fell in love with everything Italian, and tried first a Ducati monster 750, and then a 749R. Loved them but had to leave em there. Import laws and all, didn't bother with US specs. I had my honda the whole time as well, and toured on it till the wheels fell off. Almost literally. Anyway, I have always loved the look and sound of the big LeMans, rode one on a few occasions over the last 4 or 5 years, and finally ended up with my Tenni, albeit a little unexpectedly. But I couldn't be happier. FBF pipes, x-over, PCIII and all the good stuff already done, the bike is great. I have to thank the whole forum, as I read over a lot of posts trying to boost my knowledge before jumping into the purchase, and I felt like I knew it before I got it home as a result. So thanks, and I'm happy as can be with my bike!

• 1 month later...