Way off topic

DeBenGuzzi

I was at a chinese Rest the other day(a really good one too) and there was 3 old biddies going on and On and ON about MSG and making sure nothing had MSG in it and this great place in such and such state that said No MSG in the window and it was so good and blah blah blah I felt like asking HEY can I get MORE MSG in mine :food: . Since they don't want it just pile it on me :lol: Anyway I have this feeling that MonoSodiumGlutinate is just a simple salt, a Myth, a Urban legend that it f*cks with your fragile little mind. I've never had any adverse affects or anyone I know personally and I wonder if someone who thinks they have problems will and if they had ate a hamburger with some in it if they would know or is it all in ones mind. Anyone have any insight on this? :huh2:

I was at a chinese bikeshop the other day(a really good one too) and there was 3 old biddies going on and On and ON about MGS and making sure nothing had MGS in it and this great place in such and such state that said No MGS in the window and it was so good and blah blah blah I felt like asking HEY can I get MORE MGS. Since they don't want it just pile it on me  :lol: Anyway I have this feeling that MotoGuzziSport is just a simple sportbike, a Myth, a Urban legend that it f*cks with your fragile little mind. I've never had any adverse affects or anyone I know personally and I wonder if someone who thinks they have problems will and if they had ridden a MGS if they would know or is it all in ones mind. Anyone have any insight on this?  :huh2:

50837[/snapback]

Trust me! MGS will f*ck with your fragile little mind!!!

You want the MGS? YOU CANT HANDLE THE MGS! :P:

Sorry- HJ started it.

MSG is monosodium glutamate, a salt of an essential amino acid. Some people are sensitive to it, most people aren't. For that matter, some people are (mortally) sensitive to phenylalanine, hence the warning on the diet soft drinks that contain nutrasweet.

Perhaps the reason some people are sensitive to glutamate is because it is also a neurotransmitter. I dunno- just a thought.

Monosodium glutinate would be the salt of a protein called glutin, which is the 'wheat protein'. Glutin contains glutamate.

MSG=yum :food:

It even makes Budweiser taste good! :bier:

(not in the beer, but in what you are eating with the bier...and you probably ask, why would you take up valuable stomach space that could occupy beer...)

MSG gives me the sh*ts. So I stay away from it. I used to drink a lot of diet Pepsi until the aspartame (Nutrasweet) poisoned me and I lost all the feeling from my waist down and most of my short term memory. Removing the nutrasweet from diet made that problem go away and since then, I've managed to stay away from sodas entirely. I only have 3 or 4 beers a year, so I should be safe with that. The only beer I ever had that was truly unhealthy was some Tiger beer when I was in Singapore. That stuff must have been 50% formaldehyde. One bottle and my eyes hurt, couldn't stand the light and I had a splitting headace. A real hangover would have been pleasant by contrast. There are so many things out there that just aren't quite what the body wants. Oh well, eat healthy and ride your Guzzi a lot. Best RX in the world.

I can eat just about anything, but I really try to avoid monosodium glutamate. It gives me wicked head aches lasting 3 days. I've eaten things that I didn't know this stuff was in it, and got the bloody head ache, could'nt understand why, so checked later, and sure enough. I don't think it can be good for you if it makes your head hurt.

Ciao, Steve G.

Guest Nogbad
MSG=yum  :food:

It even makes Budweiser taste good!  :bier:

(not in the beer, but in what you are eating with the bier...and you probably ask, why would you take up valuable stomach space that could occupy beer...)

50851[/snapback]

Oh no it doesn't. Nothing could make that rats piss in soda water taste good!

Oh no it doesn't. Nothing could make that rats piss in soda water taste good!

50885[/snapback]

Hey shut up, someones drinking it or I wouldn't be moving into a house! but I hear you I don't like beer either and it just appeals to the masses not any real taste. :huh2:

Guest Nogbad
Hey shut up, someones drinking it or I wouldn't be moving into a house! but I hear you I don't like beer either and it just appeals to the masses not any real taste.  :huh2:

50892[/snapback]

Proper beer should be served at room temperature, be bitter, and still. The Aussies think our beer is warm, flat and sour, but what do they know.

The anti-Budweiser beef really comes from the fact that I was involved with a CO2 recovery plant my company was building at the Budweiser factory (I wouldn't say brewery) in London. The Bud project managers were the biggest bunch of shysters and sheer bastard clients I ever dealt with in my life. Just finding subcontractors willing to work for them was a challenge!

Guest Nogbad
My MGS has no MSG or Budweiser. I don'y think it will even even run on red wine, only grappa!

50921[/snapback]

Remind me never to drink grappa....

The only beer I've found in the USA that really has something going for it is the house Porter at the Independence Brew and Pub in Philadelphia. For bottled beer, I'll stick with the occasional Samual Adams.