Post a pic of your V11 - No words

orangeokie

Ok, thanks for the info.

I haven't got the carrier yet (coming soon...) but I do already have a set of similar panniers.

When I get the carrier and get them mounted, I'll post a photo of mine. Could take a few weeks....

Mick

• Like 2

Art, thanks for the link.

That does indeed look very similar to what I am intending to buy. That is this:

https://www.hepco-becker.de/kompletttraegerset-seitenkoffertraeger-und-rohrgepaeckbruecke-topcasetraeger-schwarz-fuer-moto-guzzi-le-mans-v-11-sport-naked-1999.html

And it is considerably cheaper than that. :)

However, since I live in Germany, I am a little hesitant to buy something from the U.S. that would no doubt attract some sort of import duty, and "probably" would fit. Hepco Becker is a German company, and I already have a rack from them for the V35 Imola and one for the GTR 1000 Kawasaki, and a top box and a pair of panniers from Hepco and Becker to put on the racks.

Unless someone can assure me with 100% certainty that Tusk is something like "re-badged" Hepco and Becker, and that the rack in the ad will definitely fit, I'd prefer to stick with the brand I already have. B)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, audiomick said:

Art, thanks for the link.

That does indeed look very similar to what I am intending to buy. That is this:

https://www.hepco-becker.de/kompletttraegerset-seitenkoffertraeger-und-rohrgepaeckbruecke-topcasetraeger-schwarz-fuer-moto-guzzi-le-mans-v-11-sport-naked-1999.html

And it is considerably cheaper than that. :)

However, since I live in Germany, I am a little hesitant to buy something from the U.S. that would no doubt attract some sort of import duty, and "probably" would fit. Hepco Becker is a German company, and I already have a rack from them for the V35 Imola and one for the GTR 1000 Kawasaki, and a top box and a pair of panniers from Hepco and Becker to put on the racks.

Unless someone can assure me with 100% certainty that Tusk is something like "re-badged" Hepco and Becker, and that the rack in the ad will definitely fit, I'd prefer to stick with the brand I already have. B)

I've got the same rack on my Greenie.  The HB JR bags alternate between the Sport and the EV whenever needed.  

• Like 1

I don't know about the reference to Tusk, but the photos clearly show a Hepco & Becker sticker on that rack... :huh2:

For less than a quarter of the price from new - providing it's still available from H&B - if that's what I was after, I'd be all over it like a monkey on a banana tree...

:2c:

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Speedfrog said:

... the photos clearly show a Hepco & Becker sticker on that rack...

It wasn't that clear to me. I could have sworn that the sticker on the rack on the GTR doesn't have that much silver on it. But I've had a closer look and done some clicking around in the interweb, and I think you are right. :huh2:

It looks like I should probably get on to that...

For less than a quarter of the price from new - providing it's still available from H&B -

I'm convinced it is still available from HB. See my link further up. It's on the web site, and SD have it listed as well. SD claims between 2 and 8 weeks delivery time, HB says "exact delivery time on request", so I reckon they only build it when the order comes in.

Yes, it is less than a quarter of the new price. Hmmm....

Funny thing:

HB lists €430,- and SD €369,-

https://www.stein-dinse.biz/product_info.php?products_id=68139

dunno how they do it, but SD seems to always be cheaper for HB products than HB themselves. :huh2:

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

A poignant contrast of V11 in their natural January/February habitat:

Rotorua, NZ (note curvy road) :race: 

Waihi2.jpg

Michigan, USA (note battery charger):  :luigi:

large.guzzidone.jpg.3632b889e9e62fbba7da

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, docc said:

A poignant contrast of V11 in their natural January/February habitat:

I have to walk past the motorcycles to get to the snow shovels and firewood. 6 degrees F this morning when I left for work. This habitat sucks right now!

• Haha 1