Post a pic of your V11 - No words

orangeokie

Guest mathieuguzzi
1225cc engine, furia saddle, custom aluminium tank, conical exhaust,moto special instrument with integrated injection,carbon airbox, and some more stuff, all on a centauro basis.

62072[/snapback]

Hi Marc,

Nice to see that you are about to finish your project. A lot of things have changed since I saw it in red two years ago when I bought your WP forks.

I like it better in black...

Regards,

Mathieu

Btw my bike is in page one or two. Still some work to do on the exhaust...

Guest mathieuguzzi
mathieu, and the wheels?

62085[/snapback]

The Ghezzi-Brian wheel can not fit at the rear because it is wider than stock. I need to shorten the spacer between the singarm and the transmission. This operation will also permit to better center the wheel...

This should be done in a forthweek hopefully (I found a guy who has a precision machine to cut the part properly).

JM has done the same thing for the pvm wheel at the rear. As he says, "bolt on" does not exist on Guzzis...

What about your shortened tank, is it done yet ?

That looks like a new Breva 1100 headlight on the custom Centauro from the side photo. Is that what it is? Man I've got to say thats one of the best looking Guzzi's I've ever seen :mg: Good thing its not a v11 lol someone else will have a shot at bike of the month next month :D

That looks like a new Breva 1100 headlight on the custom Centauro from the side photo. Is that what it is? Man I've got to say thats one of the best looking Guzzi's I've ever seen :mg: Good thing its not a v11 lol someone else will have a shot at bike of the month next month  :D

62105[/snapback]

Headlight is standard centauro, I am looking for a bigger 0ne and of course it shoud be black, also looking for a smal fairing le mans 1 style.

Debidaph, what kind of mirrors do you have on your Café Sport? Where did you get them?

62070[/snapback]

Hi Admin Jaap the bar end mirrors are alloy , designed to fit standard 7/8 bars , the mirror head itself is oniy 5cm in diameter. Matt alloy silver or black. part no,cbem1bk..black......... In silver part no....cbem1s.. all from www.busters-accessories.co.uk.......tel08719192 900 hope this helps all. steve de, bidaph

ALL OVERSEAS TEL 0044 1792 796797.

Project almost finished

62044[/snapback]

Holy cow... that bike parked makes all of ours look slow... even in motion :P:

Awesome job :bier:

I am very interested in that tank though. I bet it wouldn't be happy on a LeMans(wouldn't fit with the fairing), but I wonder if the fabricator could take the lines of the stock 2003 tank(has internal fuel pump module) and add some capacity. Through my research I found that if one removes the airbox, you can add almost a gallon of capacity up under the tank, but I don't feel comfortable "welding" on the plastic tank.

Some questions:

How durable(thick) is the aluminum? I've seen some custom aluminum tanks before, and while nice, the aluminum was very very thin and prone to denting. Since I actually use a tankbag, a thin "lightweight" tank would not be desireable.

Do you have a contact for the fabricator of the tank?

What did your tank cost?

Thanks

al

Holy cow... that bike parked makes all of ours look slow... even in motion  :P:

Awesome job  :bier:

I am very interested in that tank though.  I bet it wouldn't be happy on a LeMans(wouldn't fit with the fairing), but I wonder if the fabricator could take the lines of the stock 2003 tank(has internal fuel pump module) and add some capacity.  Through my research I found that if one removes the airbox, you can add almost a gallon of capacity up under the tank, but I don't feel comfortable "welding" on the plastic tank.

Some questions:

How durable(thick) is the aluminum?  I've seen some custom aluminum tanks before, and while nice, the aluminum was very very thin and prone to denting.  Since I actually use a tankbag, a thin "lightweight" tank would not be desireable.

Do you have a contact for the fabricator of the tank? 

What did your tank cost?

Thanks

al

62649[/snapback]

Tank is made by Sauer

http://www.alusauer.de/

He also did the tank for zebulon , perfect Quality , due , you need some patience.

He can make anything, price will vary, depending what You ask him, will not be cheap. I am shure he can make one for a 2003 le mans.

Can't say anything about how durable(thick) the aluminum is, looks much better than the tanks offert by Stein dinse and others, of course these will be cheaper.

Do not know if he speaks Englisch, Website is only in German.

• 3 weeks later...