Request help - quick spark plug question

Guest Michael Derby

Guest Michael Derby

I have an '04 LeMans Nero Corsa. What is the stock # of the NKG Iridium plugs? Does anyone know - and do most Auto Parts stores stock them or do you think they are special order?

Also if I replace them with standard OEM Plugs from my dealer instead what is the correct gap?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help!! :)

Guest ratchethack

Mike, myself and everybody I know considers iridium plugs something akin to snake oil. There's just no credibly justified reason for 'em in Guzzi's. The NGK BPR 6ES is OEM, it's what I run, it's what everyone I know runs. They typically read moderately sooty on the flame-shadow side. This is normal. Gap 'em per shop manual spec at .028", or .7 mm. If your A/F ratio is anywhere near reasonably set up, you can go 10K miles (some even double this) without even looking at 'em.

Hope this helps. :luigi:

And they are cheap enough that you can replace them every valve adjustment :grin:

For what it is worth, here are some cross refs that MAY work (double check that the heat range is correct):

NGK iridium BPR6EIX

NGK Double Platinum PGR6B

NGK GP platinum BPR6EG

ND iridium IW20

Splitfire Platinum TP6C

Champion RN9YC

ND W20EPR-U

ND W20EXR-U

Also,

Bosch WR 7 DC

from http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~pbegley/ngk1.htm

Mike, myself and everybody I know considers iridium plugs something akin to snake oil. There's just no credibly justified reason for 'em in Guzzi's.

Totally agree! I looked into "magic plugs" and came to the conclusion that they were all hype. I'm on my third set of NGK BPR 6ES plugs with nary a complaint. :D:D

Thanks for the info. Its getting around that time for a new set of plugs. All though it seems to me that piston is running a little rich. last time I checked it was almost completly blacked out and smelling of gas.

I think its time for a PCIII :food: