WTF and are you looking forward to riding it?

ENV, Fuel Cell bike. Built by you Brits.. clearly the result of having to spend too much time indoors due to rain, cold, sleet, high gas prices..etc etc.etc. nothing to do, kids are sleeping, missus isn't giving it away.. think I'll design a really wierd form of transportation....

articleimage.jpg

WTF and are you looking forward to riding it?

64758[/snapback]

It's the ENV prototype by Intelligent Energy. It's a fuel-cell/battery powered hybrid. The fuel cell is the size of a brief case, & designed to be a modular power pack; since the fuel cell doesn't have quite enough oomph to completely power the bike, it runs off of batteries for the electric motor needs, and the fuel-cell pumps'em back up over time.

It's more of an electric bicycle/moped than a real motorcycle; I'm much more interested in the diesel/electric hybrid motorcycle in the back of my head than this pipsqueak. :D

Why is this thing Guzzi related? The parent co. (Intelligent Energy) has a Redondo Ave, Long Beach address, as does another long-time Guzzi staple here in So.Cal., Moto Guzzi Classics [shoutout to Mark & Josh!] :luigi::ninja:

Anyone wanting to discuss the future of internal combustion-powered motorcycles after the EPA kills off our beloved Carcano- & Tonti-engined big & small twins, let me know. Converting automotive turbochargers ain't gonna cut it; how do you make some sort of PTO so you can drive the alternator? :nerd:

;)

[seriously tho', hybrids are going to be coming sooner or later. What do you think?]

Ride on!

:bike::mg:

.. he never said that he looked forward to riding it so did he answer the question properly? I know if I had the chance I'd look forward to riding one!

64768[/snapback]

are we talking about the ENV or is this in reference to Staedtler's multi-x post...

That didn't last long :P Designed by Seymor Powell that great British designer of kettles and the MZ Skorpion.

Jaap you are going to have to be the quiz point God on this.

Does Guzzi Tim get the point he identified quickest or Helicopter Jim for being a pedant and saying he wanted to ride it?

Designed by Seymor Powell that great British designer of kettles and the MZ Skorpion.

64775[/snapback]

Seymour Powell are 2 guys, aren't they? Didn't they design that feminine Aprilia whatdoyoucallit about 15 years ago or so?

I'll have to Google.