TENNI REGISTRY

Van

I sing the gospel of ATGATT! I came away from a lowside on the pavement with a very bruised knee. For better or worse I intend to stay with the marque, though I may stray from the model.

What's the damage that totalled the bike?

(My Sport lowsided into the font of a BMW sedan at relatively low speed. The cracked gearbox was a $3800 part alone.)

The body work and assorted parts on the left side, though the bike didn't look that bad considering. The only impact contact was with terra firma. The cause of the crash was an undiagnosed rear wheel lock up while in the process of negotiating a turn. I chose not to fight for possession, as the process of finding out the cause of the mechanical problem could have proven to be quite expensive. I do not have the resources & skills to do the work myself. I thought about having it fixed at first, but when my mechanic told me he thought that it was most likely was the transmission; I got hold of my emotions and decided to let it go. I really loved the Tenni but I probably would have had a hard time getting over the betrayal.

Sorry to hear about your mishap,I hope you are both well now!

I was more embarrassed than injured/ and the folks in the BMW were very kind and understanding. It was a (known to the locals) awful decreasing radius, uphill, off-camber corner with no visibility.

I can understanding passing on the commitment to refit a damaged bike. It was Pete Roper who said (astutely, as usual), "The V11 doesn't crash well."

I put in about four months refitting my crash with parts coming from all over the world including a swingarm from Germany that :notworthy: Paul Minneart  was instrumental in helping me get to the US.  As it was, Guzzi owed me a complete gearbox (just prior to the early gearbox recall) which saved the project from ruin (no way I could spring $3800 on just that part). Members of this forum were immensely generous helping me with all the other parts and I kept very busy in the shop. Glad to have her, still!

Best fortunes in hunting down your next Guzzi! :mg:

Footgoose - I will try to keep abreast of the chain of ownership if I can. I really would like to know what went wrong. I can say it was nothing as dramatic as the exploding flywheel on the Scura, that we have all seen!  The fairing got a good scrub on the left side and will probably be the hardest part to replace without paint. I definitely believe it is fixable.... I have seen some real wreaks resurrected. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all, my name is Chris Harling and I have Tenni #166 which I bought new back in 2002. Still my favourite bike and always turns heads, as fun to ride now as when I first got her.

I'm from Preston, England.

• 5 weeks later...

New here, first post.  I just purchased the tenni #130.  Also I just #123 parted out on ebay.   

Just having a look at the registry and saw your post. Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the board !!-belated-

How did you come to part out 123? :huh2: and was 130 previously on Craigslist in nola awhile back? I was chomping at the bit to buy it back then. Gots pictures? tell us more!