Show us yer Tontis!

Baldini

http://home.exetel.com.au/peterandkerry/ai...gallery/pb4.jpg

Sorry, I'm too thick to be able to actually post the pic here so you'll just have to click on the link. It's an old pic of my little green hot-rod in it's final roundfin itteration. It was at this stage running a 70mm crank with 4mm over Carilos, 90mm bore, a silly cam, flowed midvalve heads and 40mm carbs, ChroMo pushrods. Next to no flywheel, close ratio straight cut ZD gearbox and a 7/33 rer end. In that guise I dyno'd it and it made 84 RWBHP @ 9,750RPM and it made an ungodly noise while it did it :grin: .

Since then lots of the go-fast bits have gone into this.

http://www.guzzitech.com/racers/roper4.jpg

which currently is the NSW period 4 post classic club champion :drink:

Pete

Guest Steve_W
Here some more pix of my Guzz

Hope it works _

GuzziFinal052005-2.jpg

67025[/snapback]

Andre, that is simply beautiful. :P: If it runs even half as good as it looks, it should be a magic carpet ride down a twisty road.

http://home.exetel.com.au/peterandkerry/ai...gallery/pb4.jpg

Sorry, I'm too thick to be able to actually post the pic here so you'll just have to click on the link. It's an old pic of my little green hot-rod in it's final roundfin itteration. It was at this stage running a 70mm crank with 4mm over Carilos, 90mm bore, a silly cam, flowed midvalve heads and 40mm carbs, ChroMo pushrods. Next to no flywheel, close ratio straight cut ZD gearbox and a 7/33 rer end. In that guise I dyno'd it and it made 84 RWBHP @ 9,750RPM and it made an ungodly noise while it did it :grin: .

Since then lots of the go-fast bits have gone into this.

http://www.guzzitech.com/racers/roper4.jpg

which currently is the NSW period 4 post classic club champion :drink:

Pete

67078[/snapback]

So,is it only concrete polishers that take part?I've got a mate with a nippy mini-digger. :D

Thanks Daniel. While we are realistic about our chances and ability in terms of *real* racing we aren't just out thre to circulate with the tail enders. At the end of the day there is no way that a shaft driven, air cooled, pushrod valved twin can seriously compete with OHC, chain drive four cylinder machines that have had a far bigger budget than we have.

What we have is enthusiasm, a degree of knowledge of the product and a barking mad commitment to having fun and keeping the Falcon's wings flapping on the track! On the way to this years Period 4 win we cut a crankcase in two, destroyed two bevelboxes and a series of UJ's, con-rods and a crank. Busted cylinder heads, bent valves and generally #@$&@#@ up in lots of ways but hey! That's racing!

Next month I'm starting to build a motor for Phil's bike. He's racing in 'New Era' which goes up to 90-something so he'll be up against FZ's and GSX's! Yup, yet again we are tilting at windmills, it's just the windmills are bigger :grin: Last season he came 4th on a virtually box standard Mk IV LeMans, (The fact that the blokes who ride the bikes I work on are very good helps a LOT!!!!) Stuff in some go-fast shite and keep the opposition terrified of the fat copper on the old air cooled shitbox and we'll STILL keep 'em guessing for a few seasons yet :moon::grin::grin::grin:

Pete

PS, Forks are 38mm Ceriannis from a Laverda SF2. They had 280mm brakes, (Poofs' brakes! Like Ducatis had! :bbblll::grin: ) hence the adaptor plates. We have these forks still and depending on the track we run them or 38mm 'Zocchis.

MacGuzzi,

holly macaroni, that garage is too crowdy! what about some pix from that

nice s3 and what about that LM mkI pix ? I may consider a small trip in

wiskyland if by any chance you get rid s3

were nice bikes congrats !

André@pilsland :bier:

MacGuzzi,

holly macaroni, that garage is too crowdy!  what about some pix from that

nice s3 and what about that LM mkI pix ? I may consider a small trip in

wiskyland if by any chance you get rid s3

were nice bikes congrats !

André@pilsland :bier:

67255[/snapback]

Sorry I've had that S3 since 1979 I love it. When I first saw it in my local dealer(when Guzzi had dealers) in 1975 I could not afford it as it was £1400.00, loads of money. Then I bought my sport in 1977 I knew Guzzi's were for life. By 1979 the S3 had had a bad crash and burst into flames, so the buying price was cheap but the repair costs were not, worth it now though. I could not fit the lemans in the pic, there's to much shit in my garage!