Show us yer Tontis!

Baldini

Jesus! Sorry, Andre.

I'm an idiot with computers and can't work out how to get my photo the right size so that it will be accepted, here. I'll work on it.

Your bike is a real beauty. I'm envious!

If you're keen to see my photos I could mail them to you.

Bob :notworthy:

Andre - one last question - where is the exhaust system from?

67809[/snapback]

Beauchemin,

exhaust was bought at HTM Germany which also upgrade my engine

http://www.htmoto.de/

Nice guy (Harmut), and speak English, he also made a tremendous

GT which is gorgeous, it's a oneman shop so lot of patient is required !

André

• 5 months later...

In honour of Baldini 'Stuffing It to the Japs', I'll do wot he sez and post a Tonti pic.

Need to sort through some pics that I took a few days ago – here's one for now and there are a couple more here.

front-shadow1k.jpg

If I had only one Guzzi it would probably be a Mk III. They are a lovely bike.

One thing worth checking is what size main jets are in it. A common 'Performance Mod' with Mk III's is to stick Mk I or II jetting in 'em. What people fail to realize is that the Mk III's use lean burn carbs which is why the standard main is a 115 as opposed to the Mk I and II which used a 135/140. If you stick big jets in 'em they ride like you're swimming through porrige 'cos they are so grossly rich! This was often done at the same time as pod filter were fitted so it's worth checking on yours. I rarely, if ever, have to go up to above 120 on the mains on a Mk III unless it's been fairly heavily worked in which case you may need to go to 125's.

Well set up lean burn carbs give delightfully crisp performance, much nicer than the *standard* PHF's but they are a bit more delicate and demanding in set-up.

Enjoy!

Pete

Guest redguzziv10

How i miss my old Mk 4 Le Mans... :(

Some thieving low life stole it last year, and it was chained to a wheel barrow full of earth, they nicked that as well !!

incidentally, if anyone comes across the reg B406BYB, let me know.

If I had only one Guzzi it would probably be a Mk III. They are a lovely bike.

One thing worth checking is what size main jets are in it. A common 'Performance Mod' with Mk III's is to stick Mk I or II jetting in 'em. What people fail to realize is that the Mk III's use lean burn carbs which is why the standard main is a 115 as opposed to the Mk I and II which used a 135/140. If you stick big jets in 'em they ride like you're swimming through porrige 'cos they are so grossly rich! This was often done at the same time as pod filter were fitted so it's worth checking on yours. I rarely, if ever, have to go up to above 120 on the mains on a Mk III unless it's been fairly heavily worked in which case you may need to go to 125's.

Well set up lean burn carbs give delightfully crisp performance, much nicer than the *standard* PHF's but they are a bit more delicate and demanding in set-up.

Enjoy!

Pete

87080[/snapback]

It's definitely nice. Very enjoyable. The jets have been chopped and changed. As far as I know, it was run as a 950 for a lot of its life. The previous owner put the 850 barrels back on.

It always has to be started with the choke on, even when warm.

It was rebuilt after a crash using another Mklll frame and the Vehicle Licencing people were told too much, so unfortunately it has a 'Q' plate now, instead of the original reg.no.

Is it me, or does it look somewhat jaundiced?

87108[/snapback]

Don't you know art when you see it?

It's the John Hinde postcard influence

filey_peterpan.jpg

even though it, in fact, looks nothing like this.

Is it me, or does it look somewhat jaundiced?

Or is that a play on Gold membership?

Nice take.

m

87108[/snapback]

But when we look at it with our rose coloured Guzzi spectacles the grass becomes green.

Really needs someone with a better art metaphor glossary than me to do it justice. Getting in to this art thing perhaps its time to have another look at the jello earthquake city :P

Arty photograph expressing the reality of Moto Guzzi ownership or just a nice piccy take your pick.

Here's a before and after of one of my tontis. Poor old girl sat in a junk yard for 10 years! All I did to the engine was clean it, install a new timing chain and spring loaded tensioner, plus rebuild the carbs...runs great.2003_0621_001134AA.JPGDSCF0126.jpg

• Like 1

Here's a before and after of one of my tontis. Poor old girl sat in a junk yard for 10 years! All I did to the engine was clean it, install a new timing chain and spring loaded tensioner, plus rebuild the carbs...runs great.2003_0621_001134AA.JPGDSCF0126.jpg

87135[/snapback]

You done a good job there Waspp, looks good now :thumbsup::mg: